Author Topic: Loading Speed of abantecart which need to be improved  (Read 3710 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Loading Speed of abantecart which need to be improved
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:30 AM »
I still find that the loading speed of abantecart is very slow.
Here attaches the open cart and abantecart comparison for your reference.
giftofspeed.com http request results
gtmetrix.com results
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:57:45 AM by smallfish »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Loading Speed of abantecart which need to be improved
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 12:22:18 PM »
Hey Smallfish,  interesting.  As someone who runs these test all the time on our sites  I would like to point out that your comparison here is not quite testing apples to apples.   Looks to me that you are using the demo sites provided by each of the carts.   And part of the delivery results are impacted by how the servers are configured and the hosting company setup.  In order to have a true comparison  the test must be run on either the same server or servers that are configured in the same manner and at the same hosting company.

And looking at the difference in the home pages of the two sites -  if you configured Abantecart with lesser sections as the opencart is,  you can get faster loads, etc.   Open cart ONLY has a two image graphic banner and just a Featured section with 4 products.   Abantecart has the slider with 5 rotating images,  Featured,  Specials,  latest, Bestsellers,
two additional banner areas, and manufacturers,  plus the testimonials etc.  All that takes extra time.

But as the store owner you need to determine if your opening page info for various sections is important to your bottom line or a cleaner faster loading page is going to get the dollars in your bank account.

so your comparison is well-intentioned but the testing is not very fair in the comparisons factors IMO.

Lee

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Re: Loading Speed of abantecart which need to be improved
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:11:33 PM »
Hello
In fact, I have tested abantecart in my own server and compare it with other open source shopping cart system (old style one). Abantecart loading speed is slow. But the old style shopping cart system (like zen-cart) which run faster. (loading and response speed are faster).
Here attaches the picture for your reference. The left side is abantecart, the right size is old-style shopping cart (abantecart use 8 photos and 3 banners only, enable latest products only, the old style cart use 32 photos, 5 banners).
Here I concern the page load speed and I have optimized the setting for abantecart.