Author Topic: Payment questions  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Payment questions
« on: August 15, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
I've been setting up AbanteCart a little at a time, taking my time because (a) business is all-time record and I haven't had much time, and (b) I'm trying to read instructions as I go along, making sure I understand.  I HAVE made lots of progress but still have more to go -- but I really like everything I see.

That being said, I have a few questions related to payment.  Since I['ve always handled online payments through Paypal, this is what I want to use with AbanteCart.  I've set up Paypal Standard.  There is also a Paypal Express -- what is the difference?  I would assume Paypal Standard is the tried-and-true method, but would like to know if Express has any advantages.

Second, about all I had to do to set up Paypal was write in my e-mail address.  Is there some other whopping big security code that I've missed?  I did notice in the instructions there is an IPN, what is that?

I also have it set to Sandbox mode.  I assume this will ignore any transactions until I'm ready to go live, at which time I turn off sandbox.

Lastly, and quite important, I can't seem to find any reference about sales tax.  It should be set so that anyone ordering from Florida pays 7% tax, while anyone outside Florida pays nothing.  Where do I go to set this up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Re: Payment questions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
Spending more time today, it looks like I've got the sales tax set up -- it was under localizations.

Any comments on the other questions would be appreciated -- thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Payment questions
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 03:04:45 AM »
Hello.
PayPal standard is simple to setup with email. Customer click confirm button and rederected to paypal website to complete payment.

PayPal express is more complex and allow the Bill me Later feature