Author Topic: Abantecart Import Failure  (Read 5801 times)

Offline dls2004

• View Profile
Abantecart Import Failure
« on: January 21, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
I am having problem importing data into abantecart from a exported tab delimited csv file created from abantecart. When I examine the csv file in excel the file contains tab delimited data. The csv file was created using the Data > Import/Export > Export function in abantecart. I was exporting all products in ab_products to a csv file.

The product_id values start at 50 through to 110 of the data to be exported.

The product_id values in the database I was importing too... start at 111 through to 316.

So there is no obvious primary key conflicts that I can see anyway when come to importing the data.

On attempting to import in to abantecart v1.1.9 I get the error message 'Data is empty or corrupted'

I have followed the youtube instructional guide as below for import / export exactly and the error continues.

?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTKFWRcPRA?

Any ideas why this keep failing.

Attached the CSV file for reference.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Abantecart Import Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »
Hello.

Please try to import in Internet Explorer. Also some antivirus/firewall software may block this request - disable it when import.

Offline dls2004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:52:44 AM »
Hi,

I disabled McAfee Internet Security's Firewall and ran the import again using IE11 and it imported the data correctly into the MySQL table ab_products.

I had been using Firefox with my earlier attempts wonder whether this also had anything to do with the problem.

Thanks Basara for your help much appreciated.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »
I want to get my hands on this problem, but unfortunately, I can not replicate this in my FF.
I wonder if this is related to Antivirus blocking traffic
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline edinbur5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
Hi I know it's been 4 months but I wondered if any progress had been made on this import problem?
I tried to export then import the same products.csv file using 1.2.1 but it failed with 'Data is empty or corrupted' message in FF38.0.1 but worked ok in IE11 and Chrome43.0.2357.81 m - all on win 7 64bit. I use Bitdefender av and disabling that made no difference in any of the browsers. Seems strange as it's usually IE that's out of step.
I'm just trying it out at the moment hence needing a quick way to import around 300 products from another cart.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »
Depending on the "other" cart you're using  you may be able to make use of the migration tools
Here's the documentation about that.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/migration.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:04:34 AM by Basara »

Offline edinbur5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »
Thanks but I would be importing from Viart so it will have to be done manually. It's just that I normally use FF and thought the problem was in my data format then found out import worked in IE so I'll just have to revert to IE to do it.
It just seems a strange quirk.
But thanks once again as so far I am greatly impressed with this cart and the support and help I've found already here beats Viart (a paid cart) hands down!!