Author Topic: Softaculous  (Read 9942 times)

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
Softaculous
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:24:50 AM »
Just wondering what we as users can do to have the upgrades added to Softaculous?

I'm stuck on version 1.18 and no matter what I do I can 't upgrade my existing shop to 1.20 or any other system. I have a sandbox version 1.20 running and love the   user interface.

An automatic upgrade would be brilliant.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Softaculous
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »
you can run  upgrade process manually from menu extensions->install extension, type installation key with prefix
abantecart_upgrade_ and version.
For ex. you have 1.1.8.
Key will be abantecart_upgrade_119
Then run with abantecart_upgrade_120, 121,122

NOTE: Do not forget do full backup of your site before upgrades!
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
you can run  upgrade process manually from menu extensions->install extension, type installation key with prefix
abantecart_upgrade_ and version.
For ex. you have 1.1.8.
Key will be abantecart_upgrade_119
Then run with abantecart_upgrade_120, 121,122

NOTE: Do not forget do full backup of your site before upgrades!

Thanks but this does not work for me.

I get error message:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:59:06 PM by GottaRun »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 05:21:09 PM »
in my experience upgrading like that -  if I adjust the php.ini  file size to a large number  it works.   It must be the php.ini within the dir where your cart is installed.   So if your site   is /shop   then look for the php.ini  file there.

memory_limit = 128M;   I find with any db of size I need at least 512 to do the dump.  so you would change your line to say
memory_limit  = 512M

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
in my experience upgrading like that -  if I adjust the php.ini  file size to a large number  it works.   It must be the php.ini within the dir where your cart is installed.   So if your site   is /shop   then look for the php.ini  file there.

memory_limit = 128M;   I find with any db of size I need at least 512 to do the dump.  so you would change your line to say
memory_limit  = 512M

Thanks llegrand.

Not working. I presume it is ok to go to 1024M and higher for the dump if necessary?

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
Scratch that idea it doesn't work either :(

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »
hmm.   I guess check with your host or you can check your server php.ini settings if you have cPanel  just look for php configuration.  I believe you can't exceed your server settings -  that may be your issue.

also,  I had one where I had to replace this file that shown in this earlier post  - then all went well.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1676.msg6598.html#msg6598

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »
hmm.   I guess check with your host or you can check your server php.ini settings if you have cPanel  just look for php configuration.  I believe you can't exceed your server settings -  that may be your issue.

also,  I had one where I had to replace this file that shown in this earlier post  - then all went well.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1676.msg6598.html#msg6598

You should change your name to LEGEND!

After an afternoon ruling out server side issues with my hosting co I managed to get the backup.php file changed and SUCCESS

Version 1.19 here I am, version 1.2 here I come!! :)

Thanks for you help folks.

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »
Spoke too soon :(

Should have stopped at 1.1.9 Site now critical error and unable to get back up to restore. Would it have anything to do with the file changes to backup.php I wonder?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »
okay,  suspect you've run into the 1.1.9 to 1.2.0  updating issue of the prefix on your db not being ac_
A lot of us, including me didn't know that until we encountered issues.   

Hope you made a Softaculous backup of your 1.1.9  before running the update.  I like to clone my working site within Softaculous,  try my updates and see what happens before running on my production sites.   Also,  I always use the Softaculous backup IMMEDIATELY before I update the production site so I can roll back instantly if I have a failure.  Just hints if things I have found along the way that keep me running.

Okay now to the DB issue -  you need to change the prefix on your db  to ac_  PRIOR to running the 1.2.0  update
It is easy to do.  Using myPhpAdmin  go into the db of the site you are intending to update  (be sure it is the one associated with the site you are working on) 

I am attaching a screen shot so you can see the steps in getting the prefix changed.

You need to change it to ac_  for all tables (not the DB,  but the tables in the DB)

You will probably need to refresh your browser screen to see that the prefix is now ac_

THEN THIS IS IMPORTANT:  you need to go into the /public_html/(if you are in dir)/system/config.php
and change the line for the prefix to the ac_

define('DB_DATABASE', 'abcext_store');
define('DB_PREFIX', 'ac_');
// Unique AbanteCart store ID

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
I was actually hoping to roll back to the 1.1.8 but I guess once the site is updated to 1.1.9 the backup no longer works (?) While restoring the 1.1.8 it gets to 95% stalls and then "Connection times out"

I like the cloning idea.  8)

Thanks llegrand for the help.

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »
Right.

After crashing the website yesterday and not being able to roll back my version or access my Admin Dashboard my very helpful hosting company dedicated most of this morning to checking my database files, backing them up and downloading them before rolling back on their servers to my 1.1.8 version from Monday.

We went through the correct process with backup.php change and upgraded the site to 1.1.9.

Pausing for a moment to celebrate we then moved forwards to upgrade to 1.2.0 using the advice on database prefixes above, files were changed and config adjusted only for the crash to happen again.

Currently rolling back to 1.1.8 again and restoring the site, we'll upgrade to 1.1.9 and stop there for now until I can figure out how to proceed. I think the clone function might be a way forwards In Case of Emergency there is always a live version.

Just to update.