Author Topic: Help with Native Banner Module  (Read 8301 times)

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
Help with Native Banner Module
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
I am trying to fix the main page banners on a new shop and noticed two things:

1. The default styles for the positioning of text banner images don't seem to line up very well on tablets, in either landscape (just a little off) or portrait (pretty awful) orientations. I've tweaked the css for landscape, but I can't seem to get a handle on the portrait orientation, especially since the image keeps swapping out on me. Any advice? This is the site:

nupro-films . com

2. It would be great if there was an image upload tool in the text banner manager page for each slide so we could simply upload the images from there. I'd have no problem specifying the directory in a setting elsewhere, or on that page itself. Would make the whole thing a little more seamless.

One other thing. I notice that the mobile interface swaps out to a static. Has anyone written something for mobile?

Thanks for any advice.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Native Banner Module
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:19:23 AM »
I am trying to fix the main page banners on a new shop and noticed two things:

1. The default styles for the positioning of text banner images don't seem to line up very well on tablets, in either landscape (just a little off) or portrait (pretty awful) orientations. I've tweaked the css for landscape, but I can't seem to get a handle on the portrait orientation, especially since the image keeps swapping out on me. Any advice? This is the site:

nupro-films . com

Hello. Do you mean block with "Free shipping | Easy Payment..." text? This is not a banners but one Main Page Promo HTML block. You can edit/add html or add own styles for this block in Admin-Design-Blocks

One other thing. I notice that the mobile interface swaps out to a static. Has anyone written something for mobile?

Thanks for any advice.

What is your AbanteCart version? Please post screenshot with problem

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
I am running 1.2.2. The smart phone layout swaps to a static default jpg. It's not awful, but having the slideshow would be nice.

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Just to bump the request:

2. It would be great if there was an image upload tool in the text banner manager page for each slide so we could simply upload the images from there. I'd have no problem specifying the directory in a setting elsewhere, or on that page itself. Would make the whole thing a little more seamless.

You already have image upload tools on product and category and even manufacturers pages. I know it may be a little wonky to pull the image dir from the text, but I'm sure you can search for the src attribute of any existing img tags to pass along the directory. Or something.

Thanks.

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:27:57 AM »
Bump

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 04:43:05 AM »
I am running 1.2.2. The smart phone layout swaps to a static default jpg. It's not awful, but having the slideshow would be nice.

Buit-in banner slider was desinged in this way to load fast on mobile devices  :o

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
Hey,

Sorry that I am posting my experience here but I thought I should cos it may help somebody looking for a quick edit of the banner slider and has very basic knowledge of php. ( not intended for Pro's )

The easiest method of editing or introducing a new image in the banner slider is :

1 - Locate default image or the old image of your banner slider by right clicking on the image slider "copy image url" and pasting it on the browser or notepad it will show the path to the default image directory.

2 - Login to the control panel which ever you are using go to the default slider image directory and upload the images you want to show up on the slider. Make sure to make a note of uploaded image names.

3 - Now login to AbanteCart cart admin panel - Go to banner manager - main page banners - now edit the text you want on your banner and the new image names only. please note don't edit anything other than text and the image names cos if edited the banner or the text alignment gets disturbed and trust me its very difficult get it back the original alignment.

thats it you have your new banner slider with new images and text.

Last but not least I have checked many e-commerce platforms don't want to name them but almost all of them charge $25 - $40 to buy a good banner slider plugin which looks almost similar to AbanteCart cart slider or in some case you have to spend $80 - $100 to buy a template which has a sleek banner slider. Here we have it absolutely free with no attachments or frustrating watermarks. Thanks to AbanteCart cart for offering so many features and an humble support team without which I would have never dreamt of a ecom website of my own and I am sure there are 100s of users like me who will agree to me.

Thanks and regards,

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:03 AM »
Hey,

Sorry that I am posting my experience here but I thought I should cos it may help somebody looking for a quick edit

Thank you for this guide  :D