Author Topic: Stripe Questions  (Read 9116 times)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Stripe Questions
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:20:30 PM »
Just wondering if other people have setup and used the Stripe Payment extension?  I have read all the docs I could find here I believe, but wasn't sure where I can get more info as to what's happening behind the scenes?

Also, I am not as clear as to how to force it to use the test environment vs. the live environment.  It doesn't seem to give me a choice or much fields for configuration.  This is good and bad I guess.  I set it up by just following the info in the guide, but I don't have a place to put the stripe keys in Abantecart as I see in some of the docs.  I just clicked on the "Connect with Stripe" button, entered my Stripe info and that was it.  In the Additional Settings tab, I only see disconnect Stripe and Connect with Stripe (live).

I can change my stripe account to be live or test and it seemed to funnel my test payment transaction to the test area (I assume this is how you actually control it)...but wasn't sure if Abantecart has a setting as well.

I will spend more time reading the stuff on Stripe's website, but just wanted to see if what I am seeing is normal.

I WAS able to send a test purchase using stripe payment and it all looked ok from my end and I see the payment on my stripe account in the test area, but wasn't sure if there was more to configure in Abantecart.  Also, om the Connected Apps section of Stripe, I see Abantecart (www.abantecart.com) as the connected app.  I assume this is normal?

Thanks for sharing any links to read more and general info.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: Stripe Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »
I have been using Stripe and it is flawless. Pavel, the founder of AbanteCart wrote the extension and it's wonderful!

You can put it in test mode via your stripe dashboard. There is no setting for test or sandbox in the AC console.

Stripe is my favorite payment system. After your first live purchase the money is xfered to your bank account in about 7 days, there after, it's 2 days max.

Yes, the webhooks in Stripe are showing your cart connected if it shows in that area. That means it's set up and working properly.

I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for responding!  I read a few of your messages on Stripe, but other than your posts, I haven't seen much others anywhere.  Maybe it's a bit too simplified and it just works so no one has anything to say.

Thanks for confirming that the "test mode" is done on the stripe side as I suspected.  I was a little confused since on my Abantecart console, it always say "Connect with Stripe (live)"...even if my Stripe dashboard is on test or if I click on the Stripe (test) one in Abantecart.  (eg: When I click on the "Connect with Stripe (test)", it still lights up the blue "live" one so I wasn't sure why).

Testing a purchase does put it in the "test" area of stripe though so it seems to be working.

In regards to the webhooks, is it actually the "Connected" applications tab?  I don't have anything in the Webhooks tab in my stripe dashboard.

Thanks again for your help and sharing!

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
Webhooks are part of the API, unless you understand the programming, don't worry about it. If it doesn't see the webhook in your AbanteCart, it will generate an email to you. No emails = good webhooks!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »
I was a little confused since on my Abantecart console, it always say "Connect with Stripe (live)"...even if my Stripe dashboard is on test or if I click on the Stripe (test) one in Abantecart.  (eg: When I click on the "Connect with Stripe (test)", it still lights up the blue "live" one so I wasn't sure why).

In regards to the webhooks, is it actually the "Connected" applications tab?  I don't have anything in the Webhooks tab in my stripe dashboard.

If you are connected using test mode, you will see connect live button with disconnect test button and vs, if you connect with live, you will see connect test mode button. This is sort of toggle between modes.
You can enter setting manually if you like. Stripe is very good payment system that is all about making process easy and we totally on board with this.
You do connect via www.abantecart.com only 1 time during initial connection. This is because of our partnership agreement with Stripe. All further transactions go directly to Stripe servers.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »
Is it safe to update to the latest Stripe API with AbanteCart v1.2.3?

The last update note is dated 2015-08-19...

My stripe dashboards says "Upgrade Available"

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:11 AM »
There are no conflicts or issues reported.

Do not upgrade live site, try on test copy first.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline selejanalex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 09:32:02 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if you happen to know how I can set recurring payments with Stripe.

Planning to create a subscription based business, where the user will be charged periodically based in the chosen package. Do you happen to know how such a product can be configured?

I've set some test subscription plans with Stripe however I do not know how I can integrate them with AbanteCart.

If you could help me with this that would be great  :D

Thank you