Author Topic: Free and Paid Shipping  (Read 4248 times)

Offline RobinA

• View Profile
Free and Paid Shipping
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »
Hello All,
Shipping is driving me crazy.
I have USPS and FEDEX setup for shipping.  Products are setup for FREE standard shipping within the USA.  If the customer wants expedited shipping, they should have that option, however that option is not being presented.  Both USPS and FEDEX are showing up as FREE upon checkout.
How can I setup shipping to allow the customer to select another option besides the free standard shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Robin

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Free and Paid Shipping
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
Hi.

I think you missed Free Shipping extension in Admin-Extensions-Shipping. Enable Free Shipping extension and do not forget to disable Free Shipping setting on product edit page. This will allow you customers to select USPS/FEDEX/Free    shipping methods when checkout

Offline RobinA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
Thanks Basara,
You are the genius of this operation.  I finally figured out that I had to enable FREE SHIPPING after wasting many hours.  What I think was throwing me off was the fact that the USPS extension has an option to select free shipping which I thought would have taken care of the free shipping and the other options would be presented as PAID options.  I was wrong.

However I now have another strange  problem. FEDEX is returning some crazy prices, as much as $500 for a small package within the same state, while USPS is on the opposite end.  Am I missing something somewhere else?

Thanks again,

Robin

Offline RobinA

• View Profile
Re: Free and Paid Shipping (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
Hello All;
The problem with FEDEX returning crazy amounts for shipping was because I had the weight of the package set to GRAMS.  A 100.00 Gram package was returning over $500.00 for overnight shipping.  I changed it to 1 Pound and problem solved.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 02:42:58 AM »
Thank you for posting back your solution  :)