Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Which folders to move from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 & Admin Storefront still not working?  (Read 3569 times)

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
Hi All,

Please can you help me?

I backed up all of my 1.2.1 files and DB. I erased the root folder of my site. I installed 1.2.2. I restored my DB. So far so good.... But which folders do I need to move from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 to ensure I get all of my images, banners, templates and customisations back?

Also, when I log into the admin control panel and click on Storefront, it shows me the maintenance message. I thought 1.2.2 had this fixed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
Hi

Thanks for the tip, but this documentation is written very well or I am struggling to follow it.

I already have 1.2.2 installed and just need to know which directory's to copy over.

Thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
when I updates my installs in this manner 
I copy over the image and the resources files

This will only work if you have imported your previous DB.

If you had any extensions (third-party) you will need to update them also.

Of note,  in this way,  if you had a working shop previously, and you had customers etc.   CHANGE THE CONFIG FILE  to the old file SALT and encryption key  or logins to existing accounts won't work
[/size]
[/size]As a comment - this is a rather inefficient way to update a cart.  If you have Softaculous on your server,  you could make a clone of your working site,   run the update from the link within the Admin panel and test to be sure all is well.  Then make a backup of your existing working site BEFORE you upgrade (just in case)  and then run the update on your working site. 

[/size]
[/size]This process is very quick and much easier than the path you are currently on.  IMO
[/size]
[/size]Lee

[/size]