Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: flaws in upgrading from 1.1.9 continue to emerge -Help pls  (Read 3571 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
flaws in upgrading from 1.1.9 continue to emerge -Help pls
« on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
Hello,  as it is well known the upgrade from 1.1.9 had some issues.   I thought with your help thought we had resolved most of them,  by altering the items that were missing etc.   But it seems there are more that are continuing to emerge.   I had a post about how to find incomplete orders and was surprised to find there is a status in the newer versions that has that.  Although I have asked a couple of times for help in getting that back  all is quiet so far.   

I just finished looking at 6 of my 1.1.9 upgrades to 1.2.0 and 1.2.1  and NONE of them have the Incomplete status in the list.
And I am having an issues with one site that is causing customer ordering problems  as there were incomplete orders that were in the 1.1.9 version and those items cannot be removed via the remove button.  I again have asked more than once for help on where / how to clean the db of these cause I can't figure out where that info is stored.  But so far no help is forthcoming. I have spent days and many, many hours trying to overcome the 1.1.9 to 1.20 upgrade and still finding issues. 

So here's my request for all of us who come from the 1.1.9  versions -  how do we get EVERYTHING in sync with the new versions.  What as the writers of Abantecart do you say is the BEST way to get everything in our carts back into our systems for 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2?   We use your upgrade routines  and as you know the 1.2.0  has issues.   We look to you for either a fix in the routine that we can re-run or precise instructions on how to get our installations back in prime working condition. 

By installing the backup.php in 1.1.9,  enlarging my my php.ini file in the installation location and ensuring that the database prefix is set to ac_  the updates link , 1.1.9 to 1.2.0  works.  Then the subsequent 1.2.1 also works.  This will leave both the old defalut-html5 template and the old default template -  so one needs to alter the layout -table and make the suggested adjustments in the settings for config url.    I have gotten this process down and it works.

But this week I discovered there are still missing pieces in the upgrade -  to wit the incomplete and the order issue with customers who had items in a cart as it was updated.  And I have no clue what else may be waiting to erupt.

Do we need to make virgin installs and transport our db via dump, - that would also mean we need to Change our Salt key on the new install or the existing customers and admins can't log into the accounts.  Do we just FTP all the 1.2.1 files except for config  in to our existing installs?

So, Admins  this is my serious plea to give us AbanteCart users some reliable information in how to get our 1.1.9 cart updates to whole condition.   Precise how -to instructions, please.   Even better would be some routine that all users can easily run as not everyone is adept at some of this.

Thanks for reading -  And hopefully thanks for giving us all a solution that really works. 

Lee

PS:  We all make mistakes on occasion.  But reputations are enhanced or eroded by how we correct our mistakes.  Please take this as an opportunity to enhance AbanteCart's reputation.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:18:24 PM by llegrand »

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: flaws in upgrading from 1.1.9 continue to emerge -Help pls
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »
I know that resources are some what limited, both in manpower and time. Before we rush into the next upgrade, let's step back for a few minutes and fix some of the flaws in the past upgrades.

Lee's post is very concise and correct as she has done many installations and there continue to be problems with even the newer upgrades.

Let me say, I think this programming team does an fantastic job and I'm not complaining. I'm just saying we need to slow down a little bit, and go back over what we've done, fix the things that are broken and do a better job of incorporating those into future upgrades.