Author Topic: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie  (Read 3290 times)

Offline devashikka

• View Profile
AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:16 AM »
Hi There, I am a newbie with ecom and Abantecart

I have installed Abantecart at  say myabc.com  (public_html/myabc)
I have plans to have 3 Categories Education, Wellness, Lifestyle.
Since there are many contents in each of above categories and for customization I thought I would have it as
myabc.com for Education (default)
wellness.abc.com for Wellness  (subdomain)
lifestyle.abc.com for lifestyle   (subdomain)

I created above 2 subdomains under public_html/myabc (using CPanel reference)

In Abantecart admin, now I create 2 new stores and make copy from Default store (i.e. Education). My default things are copied and I then correct things e.g. , URL, Store Title
I give Store URL to new stores as wellness.myabc.com/ and lifestyle.myabc.com/ (ending with / )
I give two Store Title for new Store Title as Wellness Shop , LifeStyle Shop respectively (different from default Store Title Education Shop ) .

I create Categories (Education), Categories(Wellness), Categories(LifeStyle) in each of this store.

I save and run (myabc.com). I get default store, with just Education Category. When I manually type URL in web browser for the new stores (wellness.myabc.com) or (lifestyle.myabc.com) it shows me the contents of default store.

! No respective new store categories , nor change in respective new Store Title.

I intend to have First menu(Education) take me to myabc.com, Second menu (Wellness) take me to wellness.myabc.com and Third menu (LifeStyle) take me to lifestyle.myabc.com

Am I doing something wrong? Please advise the right way to do it.

Regards
Deva Shikka

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »
Hi.
  • important to make sure that the second domain/subdomain is routed to the correct folder
  • make sure your new store is Enabled (when you create it default status is OFF!)

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/admin-user-manual/system/multistore-set-up

Offline devashikka

• View Profile
Re: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
Thanks Basara,
I tried earlier seeing the doc as what you are referring.
Let me check again.
Thanks for the help