Author Topic: Column order inconsistency in orders.csv for product options  (Read 3117 times)

Offline monkeybutt

• View Profile
In our previous and our new AbanteCart stores (with the newest running version 1.2.1), the orders.csv export has inconsistency in the product options column order.

There was a user who ordered four products. In the CSV, for product one and two, the options were listed as size and then color, but, for products three and four, the options were listed in the CSV as color and then size.

A glance at the old store (a previous version of AbanteCart) orders.csv shows the same issue indicated in the screen capture by rows that alternate in terms of which option is listed first and which is second.

Does anyone know what causes this or if there is a way to force the product options to appear in a consistent order in the order export?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Column order inconsistency in orders.csv for product options
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:49 AM »
Hello.

Please provide .csv file example
By the way make sure your csv editor open .csv correctly, because sometimes editors open .csv with wrong separator

Offline monkeybutt

• View Profile
Re: Column order inconsistency in orders.csv for product options
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
I have attached an order.csv with some of the personal information removed.

I went back in to all the products using the dashbaord and changed the sort order of the attributes so color was 0 and size was 1. But that appears to have only affected the display on the front end for the shopper, not the order of attributes in the product or order export.

I suspect that if we wanted color to always appear first, we would have had to create our 80 products with attribute color and then gone back through and added size to each such that the attribute ID was sequential (with color having the first 80 IDs and size having the next 80).

Another thing in the order export that is strange is that it lists the attributes for each product in a single order and then lists the products. It seems it would make more sense to have product and then attributes for each product in an order.

I've uploaded the order.csv minus customer information and the products.csv export (both are just a few rows due to file size)