Author Topic: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie  (Read 3872 times)

Offline devashikka

• View Profile
AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:16 AM »
Hi There, I am a newbie with ecom and Abantecart

I have installed Abantecart at  say myabc.com  (public_html/myabc)
I have plans to have 3 Categories Education, Wellness, Lifestyle.
Since there are many contents in each of above categories and for customization I thought I would have it as
myabc.com for Education (default)
wellness.abc.com for Wellness  (subdomain)
lifestyle.abc.com for lifestyle   (subdomain)

I created above 2 subdomains under public_html/myabc (using CPanel reference)

In Abantecart admin, now I create 2 new stores and make copy from Default store (i.e. Education). My default things are copied and I then correct things e.g. , URL, Store Title
I give Store URL to new stores as wellness.myabc.com/ and lifestyle.myabc.com/ (ending with / )
I give two Store Title for new Store Title as Wellness Shop , LifeStyle Shop respectively (different from default Store Title Education Shop ) .

I create Categories (Education), Categories(Wellness), Categories(LifeStyle) in each of this store.

I save and run (myabc.com). I get default store, with just Education Category. When I manually type URL in web browser for the new stores (wellness.myabc.com) or (lifestyle.myabc.com) it shows me the contents of default store.

! No respective new store categories , nor change in respective new Store Title.

I intend to have First menu(Education) take me to myabc.com, Second menu (Wellness) take me to wellness.myabc.com and Third menu (LifeStyle) take me to lifestyle.myabc.com

Am I doing something wrong? Please advise the right way to do it.

Regards
Deva Shikka

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »
Hi.
  • important to make sure that the second domain/subdomain is routed to the correct folder
  • make sure your new store is Enabled (when you create it default status is OFF!)

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/admin-user-manual/system/multistore-set-up

Offline devashikka

• View Profile
Re: AbanteCart and Multistore - newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
Thanks Basara,
I tried earlier seeing the doc as what you are referring.
Let me check again.
Thanks for the help

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.