Author Topic: 1.2.2 upgrade issues - Repository is flawed  (Read 8831 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
1.2.2 upgrade issues - Repository is flawed
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:13:13 PM »
Hello,   as a user of Abantecart since version 1.1.7  I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable of how your process works.   But since since version 1.2.0  the upgrade routines have been seriously flawed.

I am reporting that the current upgrade to 1.2.2  is also flawed.   Here is the message:
  Error: Cannot download file. Repository error or invalid extension key. Try one more time. If problem persist download file in your order history and install manually.

I have tried this on 4 different accounts,  on two different servers, both configured to run the 1.2.1 versions.   File permissions are all correct,  server requirements are all correct.   Even a virgin install of a full 1.2.1 (with all settings correct)  fails and gives the same error message.

And yes,  if I go to the Source Forge and download the upgrade file and run it as an Extension upload it does install.   But if you are going to make us all do that,  then make your link to that location perhaps - 

Please, please try and do better with this stuff -  Abantecart is a really nice cart,  but geez these little screwups on the upgrade are dismaying.

Lee

I submit that either your repository is flawed OR the link in the click  for the upgrade is wrong.

In either event your previous instructions that the upgrade needs to be manually done is unacceptable.   As the providers of a really good ecommerce software,  your continual inability to get the upgrading process less flawed is tarnishing your reputation as good software.  You can do better than this to those of us who support and have previously trusted your software.  Please revise your procedures to provide all the users with a more flawless experience.

BTW,  I did want to say how nice the More Extensions button to the marketplace with the version Information triangle is.   That is very useful.   Good improvement. 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:22:59 PM by llegrand »

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: 1.2.2 upgrade issues - Repository is flawed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 08:56:54 PM »
Lee called me today to talk about this, since I hadn't done an upgrade yet, I could not give her any input.

However, since then I too tried to upgrade from 1.2.1 and viola, same error.

While one can download the file and upload it to the server, that is NOT a good way to do business. Newbies and non-techie types need a simple point and click experience.

I'm just sayin'

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:21:02 AM »
sorry guys, we have troubles with configuration  of our infrastructure. Working on it.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
Good deal, and thanks!

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »
Tried 1.2.1 upgrade through message address, no link was clickable, posted address in bar but didn't work.
Tried through extension, not sure what the key is, tried abantecart_upgrade_121 , didn't work.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
Have some patients, they're working on it, it's a 3rd party issue with the repository.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:21 AM »
Tried 1.2.1 upgrade through message address, no link was clickable, posted address in bar but didn't work.
Tried through extension, not sure what the key is, tried abantecart_upgrade_121 , didn't work.

You can try to upgrade manually http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/installation/core-upgrade#Install_manually
Please BACKUP before upgrade  :)

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 04:25:05 AM »
please try now. must works now
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 12:03:55 PM »
I tried updating 1.2.1 through message center as described at http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/installation/core-upgrade#Install_manually

I do not get a window in the message manager as shown in the above link. My window is a view only window, no link to click. So I copied and pasted the address. And get "Page Not Found!
The page you are looking for could not be found! Please contact your administrator if the problem persists." within the admin.

Attached are pics of my message manager

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 12:12:21 PM »
Tried through Extensions/network extension in admin using installation key abantecart_upgrade_121.
Goes to agreement and begins loading but then get this error :

Error: cannot to pack /home/dvelpcom/public_html/estorecopy2/admin/system/backup/abantecart_120.tar.gz

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
I had similar issues with the upgrade. But I have come to rely on my 15 minute manual reinstall from one version to another of every file and DB. Works like a charm....

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
Is there more detailed manual instructions anywhere. I don't see the update.sql file nor understand what is means to run modified upgrade.sql file in MySQL.

I overwrote a copy cart all at once with the upgrade package. Just ftp over the existing folders. I just ended up with a new cart , nobe of our customers, products or css.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 01:30:13 PM »
I applied the auto update and it said it installed correctly, however, I now have this error in my admin panel, although everything seems to be working fine.

Message status: critical Date:06/26/2015 01:27:40 PM Number of repetitions:14 Error: cannot to load config.xml of extension coupon. in /home/bigzbeve/public_html/naturalhandcraftedsoaps.com/secure/core/helper/utils.php on line 527

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 02:18:00 PM »
Hi Gordon,

You are upgrading 1.2.2 ?

Just wondering, I have to get past 1.2.1 first

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile