Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Slider Block Image Width Issue  (Read 5070 times)

Offline er.sahilarora

• View Profile
Slider Block Image Width Issue
« on: June 28, 2015, 06:03:57 AM »
Hi There Team,

You have done an awesome work with AbanteCart and it has made life easy for many people out there.. The most detailed cart I have ever seen..

However, I am facing a problem, I need to change the Banner Image on the slider and need to get it to appear full width without any color wrapping around it.

Or, if possible, replace the slider widget with a static image banner of the same size..

How to go about it..? I have changed the banner image through blocks settings and also through design settings however, the image appearance is terrible, with blue default color around it and text overlay! I have removed the text but not able to make the image full width to the size of widget.. Could you please help..

Any help in this regard shall be highly appreciated..

Thanks and Regards

Offline er.sahilarora

• View Profile
Re: Slider Block Image Width Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:12:37 AM »
*bump*

I see, that this questions remains unanswered largely on the forums..! is there really no way out to replace the slider block with a static banner? or perhaps, just add full width banners to the slider widget?

Awaiting reply..

Thanks in Advance

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:36:18 AM »
Actually this has been answered several times in the forum board,  I know I have post answers at serveral times and here's one about where to change the color -  it is a css change
http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,2826.msg12027.html#msg12027

Yes you can do any of the things you are asking about.  The default banner is a text banner,  but you can make graphic banners and use them instead -  I make my banners 1024 x 325  here's an example on one of my sites:
http://countrysnackbucket.com/shop/

Here's the links to the docs that will help to see how to work with banners.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/banner_slider.html

Hope this helps you get your desired results.
Lee
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:20:21 AM by Basara »

Offline er.sahilarora

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 06:25:58 AM »
Hi llegrand,

Thanks very much for answering.. I have seen the thread you are talking about and it does not solves my query. I can change the color, thats easy..

But I cannot make the banner full width as that of the banner slider widget. Any image size, even the largest is shrunk to a small one once the image is added to the graphic banner. It is automatically re-sized and I do not know how to fix that.

More so, is there an option to remove the banner widget completely and replace it with a static banner of my custom size? (100% width)

I have searched everywhere and no thread answers this question.

Please help

Thanks