Author Topic: Customer Account Dropdown in 1.9.1 to 1.2.2 upgraded versions  (Read 16085 times)

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
Hai all,

I installed AbanteCart cart 1.9.1 and upgraded to 1.2.2 the good part is I am now using the best e- commerce platform across the available platforms with so much features and options. The bad part which me and many users like me would be feeling is upgraded versions have failed to install the customer account dropdown feature and the wishlist feature despite all the files and folders properly installed the features don't show up on the customer home page and the cart page.

I understand that when such large-scale changes happen some features get affected but my request is please tell me a solution if available with which I can get these features show up on the pages cos both the features are just awesome.

Hope you will consider my request and suggest a way out.

Thanking in advance,
Regards,
Pramod

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Account Dropdown in 1.9.1 to 1.2.2 upgraded versions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »
Hello.

Can you please add more details? When you say "failed to install wishlist" feature - when you logged in customer did you see "add to wishlist" on the product page, any related errors in the AbanteCart error log?
Can you post sire URL?

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
Thanks for considering my request first of all..........

I have tried as a customer and as well as registering as a customer but the account dropdown feature and the wishlist does not showup. I cross checked with the 1.2.2 package for any missed files but all the files have loaded correctly above all my error log is clear with no errors to display. you can check http://online-surgical.com

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »
hey guys -  I think is the issue with the layouts and settings for the config url  that I have encountered

The sql update didn't cover all the bases.   Your site is still calling default_html stylesheet and that doesn't have all the bells and whistle the new default does.

In addition to this issue for those of us that came more 1.1.9  there are several additional db items that are missing.  I am working on a solution for the missing elements as a patch to the issue for all of my sites, should have it ready withi the next 3/4 days.  Just want to be sure what i have,  actually fixes everything.

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »
That will be great do let me know cos I have tried everything possible to sought this issue out but no use.

Hey one more suggestion since you are planning for a patch for the users like me fix for these will further enhance the experience. This is applicable to all those who have migrated from 1.1.9 only

1 - Incomplete order status doesn't work as it should and show incomplete for even completed orders with payment and we have to change the status manually every time an order comes in.

2 - The error log file when accessed from admin panel and when we click clear log it completely deletes the error_log.tpl file altogether which could be a minor issue but will be really helpful if corrected.

3 - In category section and the specials section the product doesn't align as individual products (not the sort order issue) instead it shows the entire product description of all the products in that category please see (http://online-surgical.com/index.php?rt=product/special) I am sure some of the user might be facing this issue as well.

Hope you will look into these minor issues as well.

Thanks.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
well my goal is to get a fix for the basic missing features from the major update from 1.1.9 verions to 1.2.0 and then forward.   Each set has a bit different issue. 

I will look to see if those things are fixed by getting the db schema  all aligned,  but I want to be sure I have tested completely here .  I am running all my testing etc on new virgin installs of each one so that any changes I might have to files is not taken into consideration.  My approach is that is an unknown as to what each of use might have alter so only want to work with the clean versions installs.

It is a 3-day holiday weekend here in US,  so am hoping everything is quiet and I can use focus on completing this.   It is causing me serious problems on several of my sites so I am motivated to get to the bottom.

Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »

3 - In category section and the specials section the product doesn't align as individual products (not the sort order issue) instead it shows the entire product description of all the products in that category please see (http://online-surgical.com/index.php?rt=product/special) I am sure some of the user might be facing this issue as well.

Hope you will look into these minor issues as well.

Thanks.

Can you please move this issue to new topic? To replicate issue please post your product description with code tags (like this without spaces in code tags please )
[code ]your description html here[ /code]

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 05:32:26 AM »
hello pramodgsk
 To debug you can enable template debug mode in admin menu->system->settings->system. After setting save you will look link for debugging. Then open page and click on pin tip for problem block. Just paste info here (to look what tpl used).
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »
Please find below the template debug info:

Block ID: head0
Name:
Controller:
Path: storefront/controller/common/head.php
Template: /storefront/view/default/template/common/head.tpl
Parent:    page
Path: storefront/controller/common/page.php
Template: storefront/view/default_html5/common/page.tpl

and the error_log.tpl when you click "clear log" it deletes the error_log.tpl not significant but brought to your notice.

Thanks

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
well my goal is to get a fix for the basic missing features from the major update from 1.1.9 verions to 1.2.0 and then forward.   Each set has a bit different issue. 

Hai Lee,

Do post a link or notify when ever you are finished with the fixes. I am sure many like me are looking forward for the fix.

Regards,