Author Topic: URL to the image in the resource library.  (Read 9165 times)

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
URL to the image in the resource library.
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »
Please, can you make the resource library have a link to the URL of the image, or to pop open the image or make it so I can find the image some how.  It is driving me crazy that I can't find my own images on my site. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:33:44 PM by thedarksyde »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: URL to the image in the resource library.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:52:35 AM »
do you mean search by url inside RL?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
Please for the love of god, can you make the resource library have a link to the URL of the image, or to pop open the image or make it so I can find the image some how.  It is driving me crazy that I can't find my own images on my site.
What version do you have? There is a search built into resource library.
If you give your images specific names or identifiers, you can find them really quick.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
I want the URL to the image itself. 

There is no way to know what the URL for an image is that is not associated to a product, or even one that is associated to a product.   If I want to post that image somewhere else, I have no way of knowing the URL of the image. 

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
Yes please, what is the path to the resources library?

I am new to AbanteCart and would like to offer this cart to my customers, but managing images is being a pain. There's no link in the admin to the resource library and I can't find it via FTP.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »
Images are generally stored in ~/public_html/resources/image/ folder.

What I do is just NOT use the resource picture clicker and just upload my own pictures in my own directory structure and then, I know where what is where...

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »
Hello Webdevmerc, thank you, I also have to work like that and it's not a problem for me... but I wanted to use this cart for customers for whom I build their websites and they need an easy way to manage their images. AbanteCart doesn's seem to be ready for them...

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Hello Webdevmerc, thank you, I also have to work like that and it's not a problem for me... but I wanted to use this cart for customers for whom I build their websites and they need an easy way to manage their images. AbanteCart doesn's seem to be ready for them...

I don't know if this is really an issue with Abantecart personally  Since I have full access, it doesn't bother me...but, if you use eBay, Amazon or any other marketplace or website, do they let you know where their images are located?  Probably not.  The reason it's done this way is beyond my own skill or knowledge of how web or e-commerce apps should be desiged...my guess is probably security and other benefits I don't know.  They probably also don't want the directory browseable.

It's also "dumbified" for the average consumer so I wouldn't say Abantecart isn't ready for them, rather, they (your avg customer) should just learn to work within the framework provided.  All IMO of course.

Offline svsanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:07:17 AM »
Hello, as long as the website owner doesn't want to change the Slider images the cart is great, but changing the slider images would be a real pain for an average user. That part really needs to be worked on. Other than that and a few other small issues the cart really stands out.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 09:46:38 AM »
Edit Banner Slideshow in HTML5 template video guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehKTDBqsNM