Author Topic: Add new label on create new acount page, help!!  (Read 11056 times)

Offline samehra

• View Profile
Add new label on create new acount page, help!!
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »
Hi,

I added a new text box on create account page, but could not add a label for it.

I updated create.xml file under /language/english/account/ and added key value pair for new added text field but still, new text box is label less :(

Can someone help please?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Add new label on create new acount page, help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »
In order for XML to be re-loaded, you need to delete all language definitions for this block and clear the cache.

Language XMLs are used only for initial language load.
If you need new definition for the block (section), you can create new key/definition in the admin. You do not need to create XML entry.
XML will be needed for extension installation or if you plan to reinstall your store.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline samehra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »
Now thats become confusing in order to solve actual problem - how to add label, sorry but I am really new here :)

Anyway, could you please tell me exactly which file I need to change, to get new label for it? And what if I what to change an existing label on create account page, for example, I want to change First Name to Full Name.

I have added new column in database in customers table for this new text box, which files i need to updated so that data can be stored to, read from database. (insert, view, update and delete)

Note that I am directly accessing files from file manager where my store is hosted, so I am with lots of PHP & HTML files :)

Thank you very much!!

Offline samehra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
Up to now, I successfully added new field and its been written into database. I managed to get label as well :)

But one thing, while trying to change existing label, does not really take effect. As Administrator mentioned above, "you have to delete all language definitions for that block and clear cache" could you please give detail instructions on this? I mean, for registration page, which block is it and where? and which language files needs to be delete?

Thanks.

Offline samehra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 05:28:01 AM »
Now its all set. Thanks for the support.