Author Topic: Problem when trying to use "Contact" form  (Read 4515 times)

Offline droflex

• View Profile
Problem when trying to use "Contact" form
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

I seemed to have fixed other problems on my site but now I have this:

When I click "contact" at the bottom of the screen (I'm still using the default template) I can fill in the form but when I click Submit I get "The page you requested cannot be found"

My processing controller is "default email" and my success page is "forms_manager/default_email/success".

There is nothing in the error log.

EDIT:  I just finished an online chat session with namecheap tech support.   They changed Mod Security settings on the server which took care of  "The page you requested cannot be found" error but form submission is not ending up in my email box.  " They tried everything.  I gave them the passwords for my cpanel and my abantecart website for access.  After 3 hours (yes, really),  They said it is a problem with the settings in abantecart.

They and me could not fix it.

***UPDATE:  I figured out what was wrong.  A person has to actually create register an account on their abantecart website and be logged in like a real customer in order to submit a form.  Perhaps an update or patch can make it so that it would give an error to inform the person that they can't submit the form without creating an account first.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:52:57 PM by droflex »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem when trying to use "Contact" form
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 04:35:28 AM »
Hello.

I think your hosting support is wrong. Contact us form work for any user no matter registered or not check our demo site http://demo.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=content/contact
Anyway could You please tell us more about
They said it is a problem with the settings in abantecart.
We are happy to investigate this problem and fix if this is AbanteCart issue  :)