Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Cannot read copied database for new install.  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Siri M.

• View Profile
Cannot read copied database for new install.
« on: August 02, 2015, 03:29:35 AM »
It's a long story, but after trying an upgrade, I have zero luck importing backups and mysql dumps etc, so I ended up doing a fresh install of 1.1.9, which seems to work better for me than 1.2. The new install worked okay, and after that I copied my old SQL database into the new database (I had to drop tables in the new database to do this, or it stopped with NULL errors). After copying all old info over into new database, the new install no longer loads, neither website or backend. There is some kind of database error which is in the log file pasted below. Any suggestions on how to at least get my site up with most of my data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2015-08-02 7:14:59 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.9 Error: Unknown column 'e.update_date' in 'field list'<br />Error No: 1054<br />SELECT DISTINCT
                    e.extension_id,
                      e.type,
                      e.key,
                      e.category,
                      e.priority,
                      e.version,
                      e.license_key,
                      e.date_installed,
                      e.update_date,
                      e.create_date,
                    s.store_id,
                    st.alias as store_name,
                    s.value as status
            FROM ab_extensions e
            LEFT JOIN ab_settings s ON ( TRIM(s.`group`) = TRIM(e.`key`) AND TRIM(s.`key`) = CONCAT(TRIM(e.`key`),'_status') )
            LEFT JOIN ab_stores st ON st.store_id = s.store_id
            WHERE e.`type`  IN ('extensions', 'payment', 'shipping', 'template', 'language') in <b>/home/user/public_html/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>114</b>

yonghan

Re: Cannot read copied database for new install.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »
Hi, is your old data from v1.2.0? Afaik, v1.2.0 is using date_modified instead of update_date. And based on your error log, seems that the database schema is different and that's why you got that error message.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »
Hello,   if I remember correctly your site is using one of the older template styles -  http://marketplace.abantecart.com/templates--skins/storefront-template
I think is the one you have -  and it is only support for 1.1.9 and earlier.  So you will need to use a different template to be successful on 1.2.0 and forward or be prepared to make a lot of css changes in your existing template choice.

Also,  in updating from 1.1.9 to 1.2.0  you need to check your database prefix - it needs to be ac_   in order for the changes in the database to be made by the update program. 

Lee

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
Is there a reason why my default database prefix is abc_ ?  I don't think I set one up, but see the update (from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3) had ac_ in the notes / script.

Was just curious.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 03:50:47 PM »
this is just fyi from my experiences.  Abantecart core stuff has always used ac_  but to the best of my knowledge that info isn't too readily available - it was about a year of using different versions until I say a post answer that state that.

Yes -  the manual install default is abc_  and Softaculous installs are ab_
I do not have a response as to why those two defaults can't be the one that is actually preferred.  Although I have made that suggestion to admins.

Again just another user's experience.  But it is easy to change the prefix in the DB,  but newbies often don't know how.

Cheers
Lee

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  and all your general help to the community!

Offline Siri M.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »
My old database is 1.1.9, and my new install is 1.1.9.  I got it to work by exporting individual tables from the old into the new, for example ab_settings. Sometimes I would have to delete the "time modified" columns from the tables for it to work. Anyway, bit time consuming, but after importing the essential tables, it's working. I just couldn't copy the entire database over to the new, for some reason that created a conflict. Anyway, piecing it in table by table took about an hour, but much better than a full rebuild.

Yes, I have an older template that I am happy with until I upgrade to a new version; it's a modified version of the old default one. When I tried 1.2 it totally removed that template. Any way to use 1.2 and not touch my template?