Author Topic: Share/keep the shopping_cart through multistores  (Read 4893 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Share/keep the shopping_cart through multistores
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
Can abantecart share the shopping cart content through multi-stores?
I am wondering if it is possible to have multi shops share one shopping cart?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Share/keep the shopping_cart through multistores
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 10:13:19 PM »
yes,  that is precisely how it works -  but each store can have their own pricing and control rather they have a product for sale or not

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
But I have just tested it and found that the cart is not shared.
It doesn't share the cart for multi-store.
ie. domain A (store A) put a tee-A in the cart, then login as the same user at domain B (store B) and can't find the tee-A in the cart.
It is suppose that the user can see the tee-A in the cart both for the store A and store B.
Please fix this issue.
Thank you!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »
oh,  I did not understand your original question correctly. 

you're asking is a customer orders in one store  but doesn't complete the order there and then logs into another store - they have access to that originally order to continue on?

I don't think this is possible - admins will need to address this for a correct answer then.

I believe each store only shares the products  and not the customers.

Your desire seems to be something that doesn't make sense to me - if customer orders in one store - and then goes to another store -  there may not be inventory in the second store to fulfill the order. 

Lee

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »
Magenxx does this and I also want abantecart does this.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »
My guess is this sounds more like a marketplace type environment where when you checkout, you just "pay" some mystery main store, and each of the individual stores which was selling an item ship their own little piece.  Sorta like on Amazon, you can have stuff from more than 1 seller, checkout, and all the stuff is there and you pay once.  Those individual sellers then just process their part and get paid individually from Amazon payments.

Downside with this I've seen having sold on marketplaces for years is customers get "confused" who they bought it from.  Some people were verbally abusive to me stating I ran all of Etsy personally when they bought something from something else (not even my sale).

I believe some people here would like a "marketplace" environment/option however and the devs might be working on this...

Not so important for me personally however.

Magento is very expensive to deploy from what I've read/researched...18k/year from an article I just pulled up.  They have a free one, but seems severely limited.  No caching on page (useless slow then), no built in security, no promotion options...just a quick few...

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 08:50:24 AM »
In fact, this is reasonable request. Customer wants to checkout all the items coming from different domains / multi-shops at once. (The multi-shops are owned by one seller only).
Seller creates multi-shops a for business strategy and technical issues. Here I am not going to setup an online shop for multi-vendors.

oh,  I did not understand your original question correctly. 

you're asking is a customer orders in one store  but doesn't complete the order there and then logs into another store - they have access to that originally order to continue on?

I don't think this is possible - admins will need to address this for a correct answer then.

I believe each store only shares the products  and not the customers.

Your desire seems to be something that doesn't make sense to me - if customer orders in one store - and then goes to another store -  there may not be inventory in the second store to fulfill the order. 

Lee