Author Topic: Charge with credit card  (Read 6680 times)

Offline tamirhosh

• View Profile
Charge with credit card
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »
Hey is there any way to charge people who don't have a paypal account and just wanna pay with a credit card with paypal standart ?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Charge with credit card
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »
Paypal  gives and option to pay with credit card ,  it shows up on the paypal payment screen automaticallys
but it is in small print.

here's some info from Paypal 
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside

Offline tamirhosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:57:07 AM »
They used to have that option now the only option is : login or register .. Is it different in paypal pro or paypal express ? Im losing customers that reach the payment section see its only paypal and leave ...
Thanks ...
I attached what a user sees when trying to pay

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
I tested this on my site and it seems to force the account now.  I checked my settings on the paypal setup as well and even though it's set to be optional for the Paypal account, I don't see that option when checking out.

Where to check your settings:
http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/portal/articles/430152-how-to-turn-off-the-paypal-account-requirement-option

Personally, I'm tempted to just dump Paypal all together and not even use them.  Stripe is easy to use (unfortunately US only) and seems less fee-greedy and more business friendly in general (less hassles for the business owner).

Maybe the split from eBay is changing how things work now over there.

Offline tamirhosh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 09:32:50 AM »
Ok thanks man .... I have google analytics and i litteraly see people reaching the payment section probably bailing because the only option is paypal and they don't have a paypal account ...
Using another service means (i think) opening a merchant account at the bank which is something im trying to avoid ...
Im from outside us i wish there an easier way to charge people ...
Thanks for trying on your site and helping ...

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »
Please look at the directions on the link Webdevmerc  provided -  I just checked several of my sites and they all show the option  but they are US based.

See if your profile> my selling tools > web preferences > paypal optional button is set correctly.

If it is not there -  then perhaps it is a change within PayPal specific to your country.   I would contact them and ask them.

if you find a solution for your country - please post back so others may be helped.

Lee

Offline tamirhosh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
The option on paypal doesn't exist for me ...
Would you recommend any other payment extension?

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 10:16:17 AM »
I think it's country specific actually.  I checked my site again and actually had the CC turned off (using Stripe for that) so I'm guessing you're not in the US or UK which seem to be the only countries allowing checkout without an account.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/rest_api_payment_country_currency_support/

Found that link from this discussion:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/express-checkout-without-a-paypal-account-not-working

Offline tamirhosh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
I attached paypals answer ... Fucked if i know what it means .... Basically that i cant ?
 ::)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
you PayPal answer does seems to have conflicting information!

Hoping not to upset you -  but the optional payment thing is really well hidden IMO, 

here's the steps to I have to do to find it on mine -  thinking perhaps you just haven't gotten deep enough to the settings :-\

1.  after you log into your PayPal account  Select your PROFILE (in the top header line) 
2.  Select  Profile and Settings
3.  Select My Selling Tools -  find Website Preferences  - click update
     then on the Website Preferences page - scroll to the PayPal Account Optional settings (it is a ways down)
     Be sure the ON button is on.

If you're sure you don't see that option in your account -  you do have a business account - right?  then that seems the question to ask PayPal -  why is your PayPal Account Option Settings missing.

I looked at mine again from a checkout standpoint and it looks like most countries are there -  I don't know your country,  but India seems to have some "restrictions" sometimes,  but it shows up on my Other Options to pay just fine.

Sorry I don't have a specific fix for you that is easy. 

Lee