Author Topic: can't add product to shopping cart in chrome  (Read 13847 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
can't add product to shopping cart in chrome
« on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »
I have just downloaded and installed both latest abantecart v1.2.3 and v1.2.4 from https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src.
I found that I couldn't add the product to the shopping cart in chrome browser.
However, it is working properly for both IE and firefox. Please fix it.
Thank you!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: can't add product to shopping cart in chrome
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »
I would like to add my testing results today -

for 1.2.3 fresh installs via Softaculous or manually 

Firefox 40.0.2  will allow the first product to be added with a click on the add to cart on home page,  but upon viewing the cart the product is wiped from the cart and no more can be added.   And add from the product page fails from the beginning.

Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m  works as expected in all adding locations.

IE 11 works as expected in all adding locations.

Lee

PS  after doing some more testing  I am unhappy to report I am also having the same FF issue with 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 versions

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:43:46 AM by llegrand »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:26:16 AM »

Can you please clear browser cookies and try again?
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/120

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
Yes Basara,  have cleared Cache many times yesterday and again just now.  no change -  FF still behaves badly for me.

Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 01:27:22 AM »
Yes Basara,  have cleared Cache many times yesterday and again just now.  no change -  FF still behaves badly for me.

Lee

Can you please share link (or PM it to me)?
I want to locate problem: browser related or cart

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:42:58 AM »
What is privacy policy setting in your Firefox? does it allow to store cookies by default?
Also do you have ad-block addon installed on your FF?
i guess this issue related to it's new strict privacy policy
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:08 PM »
Sorry it took me a bit to get back -  but was running lots of different tests to see if I could figure this out -  And I believe I have at least from my issues.

My production server is enabled with LiteSpeed  - and has been running well for quite some time,  but on 8/21  there was an update (minor version).  When I rolled back to the earlier version to see if that was the issue -  my Firefox was happy -and my carts all allow products to be added, checked out, etc.

Now the odd thing was that FF was the non-working browser -  Chrome and IE were happy. 

Don't know if that will fix the other posters issues -  but might give a clue where to start looking.

Lee

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
The first and 2nd times, I have tried to clear the browsing data in the past day (chrome). I still can't add the products to the shopping cart.
Today, I have cleared the browsing data from the beginning (All previous data), then I can add the products to the shopping cart (chrome) again.
However, when I closed chrome and re-opened it and I couldn't add the product to shopping cart again and I found that there was 1 product in the shopping cart which was added from previous testing.
After that I have removed the product from the shopping cart and tried to add a new product to shopping cart and it was successfully.
Here after, I wanted to re-produce the bug again but it was failed. There is no problem right now.

In conclusion, abantecart should pay more attention on the storefront basic functions and features and make abantecart more reliable. Besides, I also want abantecart to fix the long product description  (description more than 1 screen page with html content) in the default template (can't display product listing properly with long product description, I have suggested to add a short text description in the past). Moreover, I also want abantecart to implement the address format for different countries in the backend admin and storefront, so that admin user can set the address format which can include or exclude the zip code/postal code, states, etc for the specified country (implement it at registration, edit address, etc.).

Hope to see abantecart become more reliable, efficient, popular and completed shopping cart system.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:36:00 AM by smallfish »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 09:51:31 AM »
The first and 2nd times, I have tried to clear the browsing data in the past day (chrome). I still can't add the products to the shopping cart.
Today, I have cleared the browsing data from the beginning (All previous data), then I can add the products to the shopping cart (chrome) again.
However, when I closed chrome and re-opened it and I couldn't add the product to shopping cart again and I found that there was 1 product in the shopping cart which was added from previous testing.
After that I have removed the product from the shopping cart and tried to add a new product to shopping cart and it was successfully.
Here after, I wanted to re-produce the bug again but it was failed. There is no problem right now.

In conclusion, abantecart should pay more attention on the storefront basic functions and features and make abantecart more reliable.
Thank You, smallfish and everyone for your time.
We really want to catch and fix this issue but we can not replicate it on our side (checked on several PCs, Mac and different browsers).
What we found is issue related to several AbanteCart installations on one domain like domain.com/store1 domain.com/store2 So we already looking for a solution https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/120

The main problem is that we dont know a pieces of this quiz:
  • AbanteCart version
  • server session related settings
  • server cdn or cache plugins - for example very popular cloudflare CDN in high security mode hard-cache important scripts and broke them  :-X
  • browser version
  • browser addons (various addons block/filter coockies) - Adblock, Ghostery, WebMoney Advisor, various Security addons.......
  • OS
  • antivirus/firewall in your OS - In my practice incorrectly configured firewalls filter all browser traffic and block new eCommerce sites with zero rating for example see this post (popular antivirus block ecommerce site)
  • ....etc
  • ....etc

Besides, I also want abantecart to fix the long product description  (description more than 1 screen page with html content) in the default template (can't display product listing properly with long product description, I have suggested to add a short text description in the past).
In AbanteCart 1.2.3 we add blurb field so modify your template code a bit to show only short description (blurb) or limit full description characters to display in listing.

Moreover, I also want abantecart to implement the address format for different countries in the backend admin and storefront, so that admin user can set the address format which can include or exclude the zip code/postal code, states, etc for the specified country (implement it at registration, edit address, etc.).

Hope to see abantecart become more reliable, efficient, popular and completed shopping cart system.

Regarding to Address Format - is this work for you http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/country_and_zone/edit_country.html ?
Please note we can not change core address code because this will touch tons of changes in other places. For example several shipping will not work with not standard address also some payment like PayPal may block transaction if address is not in their standards.....etc

Anyway create separate topic regarding changes required and attach Poll. If this changes needed for many users we will add them in the future.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:53:51 AM by Basara »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Does Abantecart work with Cloudflare at all?  I've been trying to get it to work and run into ssl cert issues, mixed secure/no-secure issues, etc...

Is there a CDN that Abantecart has been known to work well with?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
― Charles Dickens

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
https://marketplace.abantecart.com/cdn

Thanks, I saw this extension earlier, but wasn't familiar with this brand of CDN (compared with others like Cloudfront (AMZN), Cloudflare and Akamai and Edgecast).

Maybe I am not the only one, but I am generally hesitant with extensions since I may have to wait for the developer to update their extension version while Abantecart has already updated.  I also don't like "depending" on another developer if any bugs pop up and rather run through the hoops myself to learn to integrate it myself since problems would be disastrous for me, but the developer may have other better things to do than deal with my "minor" problems...

I suppose I'd prefer it to just work with any CDN, and would like to spend the time to know the backend to integrate it myself with any of the CDN vendors rather than just 1.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »
it use maxCDN API for purging it's cloud cache. That why it's not a common cdn solution.
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »
You should better modify the template to show the short description. Most of the abantecart users don't want to do it themselves.

For the address format, I have already entered the format in the backend as the following :
Example:
{firstname} {lastname}
{address_1}
{address_2}
{zone}
{country}

But it doesn't work with the storefront's registration screen and edit address screen.
I just want to ignore the postal code field in the registration screen and edit address screen.
Although I can modify the script to disable the verification of postal code field. But it is hard code for one country only. However, some other countries still need the postal code.

For the shopping cart problem, I have created two store and using 2 domains. You may try to create multi-stores to test it.

In conclusion, abantecart should pay more attention on the storefront basic functions and features and make abantecart more reliable.
Thank You, smallfish and everyone for your time.
We really want to catch and fix this issue but we can not replicate it on our side (checked on several PCs, Mac and different browsers).
What we found is issue related to several AbanteCart installations on one domain like domain.com/store1 domain.com/store2 So we already looking for a solution https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/120

The main problem is that we dont know a pieces of this quiz:
  • AbanteCart version
  • server session related settings
  • server cdn or cache plugins - for example very popular cloudflare CDN in high security mode hard-cache important scripts and broke them  :-X
  • browser version
  • browser addons (various addons block/filter coockies) - Adblock, Ghostery, WebMoney Advisor, various Security addons.......
  • OS
  • antivirus/firewall in your OS - In my practice incorrectly configured firewalls filter all browser traffic and block new eCommerce sites with zero rating for example see this post (popular antivirus block ecommerce site)
  • ....etc
  • ....etc

Besides, I also want abantecart to fix the long product description  (description more than 1 screen page with html content) in the default template (can't display product listing properly with long product description, I have suggested to add a short text description in the past).
In AbanteCart 1.2.3 we add blurb field so modify your template code a bit to show only short description (blurb) or limit full description characters to display in listing.

Moreover, I also want abantecart to implement the address format for different countries in the backend admin and storefront, so that admin user can set the address format which can include or exclude the zip code/postal code, states, etc for the specified country (implement it at registration, edit address, etc.).

Regarding to Address Format - is this work for you http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/country_and_zone/edit_country.html ?
Please note we can not change core address code because this will touch tons of changes in other places. For example several shipping will not work with not standard address also some payment like PayPal may block transaction if address is not in their standards.....etc

Anyway create separate topic regarding changes required and attach Poll. If this changes needed for many users we will add them in the future.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:58:15 PM by smallfish »

Offline SEndstorm

• View Profile
cant add product to shopping cart in chrome
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »
I cant see anything that would be causing that - but do you want to send me a sitemail with your email address and I will see if I can update it for you   
What browser are you using?