Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Bug? with Free shipping on individual product and other items in cart?  (Read 6616 times)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
I've noticed a strange thing where if you have an item which ships FREE for that one product, and add it with other items in your shopping cart, the free shipping for that item will make the whole cart free shipping.

This only seems to occur if the free shipping product is the last added item in the cart.  If you added another item, the shipping gets recalculated.

To test:
You can test this on the demo site.  The free product I made free ship is "Absolue Eye Precious Cells"

If you have multiple things in the cart, check the shipping cost on checkout.
Now, add the "Absolue Eye Precious Cells" item and check your cart.  The whole shipping is now free.
If you go and add another item, the shipping will again be recalculated correctly.

Thanks for testing if you get this.

My guess is the code isn't reapplying and exiting the free shipping section correctly.  If you can sort free items to top, that would solve it also.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug? with Free shipping on individual product and other items in cart?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
thank you. We will check

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »
Are you sure? I can not replicate this on demo and on my side (AbanteCart 1.2.4  )
Please Note demo site reset every 30 min so when you set products to Free shipping after short time all back to default values

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »
Let me try again.  Maybe it only occurs with weight based shipping since that's what I used...The demo seems to have reverted back so I can reapply weight based, disable flat shipping and you can test it quickly.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
ok, I set it up again...seems to have the issue with weight based shipping...I disabled flat rate on demo system.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
ok, I set it up again...seems to have the issue with weight based shipping...I disabled flat rate on demo system.
thank You  :). Bug reported to AbanteCart bug tracker
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/235

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
Thanks.  Haven't found a workaround yet.  If you turn off free shipping and make it shipping not required, you get the same thing or if you make it ship individually, same issue.

Something is just making the weight based shipping not apply (maybe too late in the code) to replace the "free" or "not shipping required" step.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
I saw the fix in github and had a question which I posted there also:

I tested this quickly and it seems to be working ok. Do you know of a quick way to also disable the free shipping for an order if, say a buyer wanted to upgrade to faster shipping with only free ship items in their cart?

This seems to work fine if a non-free ship item is in the cart also, but if only free shipping is there, other shipping options become free as well.

I have an Upgrade to Priority Mail option which has a fee, but with this fix, it seems to make that option Free as well. My work around would be to raise the free item's weight to over the limit of when the Upgrade option is available (only available if items are < 1/2 pound), but wanted to see if you had a quick idea to deal with this case.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!