Author Topic: Forbidden 403  (Read 4265 times)

Offline fitz

• View Profile
Forbidden 403
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:28:05 PM »
I have never used a shopping cart system before so I am only perusing the admin section. AbanteCart was installed through Softaculous so I had nothing to do with upload or R/W permissions. I am getting a pinkish banner(s) saying that I haven't permissions to work (or something similar) in certain parts of the admin. Right now it is looking at the default template under settings>appearance. Wondering if the switch to turn this off is in admin or public_html of file manager and, whichever, what do I need to do to turn it off so that I am not having the cops after me each time I sneak in the backdoor of my new business.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Forbidden 403
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:08:14 AM »

5. Very often cause of issues is file or directory permission change. Check that all directories and files are with correct permissions.
For example: All PHP/CSS/JS files should be 0644 and most of directories 0755
 Some directories/files such as  ../system/cache ../image ../resources  ../download and their content should be 0777

Unexpected AbanteCart failure or error check list

Please note Softaculous is help you to quickly create database user, new database, copy files and connect AbanteCart to database but file permissions are depending on your hosting server configuration and can not be managed by AbanteCart or Softaculous
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:10:16 AM by Basara »