Author Topic: errors during install  (Read 9557 times)

Offline cparaiso

• View Profile
errors during install
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »
Tried installing AbanteCart Beta version 0.9 on my server. When I tried to access my site after FTPing the files over, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/21/d159450388/htdocs/abantecart/index.php on line 47

It does not allow me to continue the install . Can someone look into this problem.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: errors during install
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »
Can you please let u know what hosting are you using? PHP info would be helpful too
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline cparaiso

• View Profile
Re: error during install
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
thank you for replying back. After looking at the info you have requested, I was able to resolve the problem on my own. I host with 1and1 where I use a .htaccess file to make my site support PHP5 . When I uploaded the files, I mistakenly replaced my htaccess file with the one provided with the cart - not knowing that I would be removing the line that makes my site support PHP5 . Once I realized this, I put back the line and was able to complete the installation. Thanks for taking the time to look at the problem.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: errors during install
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:48:21 PM »
We will add an extra validation for this case in the next release. thanks for the update.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help