Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Order details and status change not passing to Authorize.net  (Read 6220 times)

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
Order details and status change not passing to Authorize.net
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
When we adjust an order and affect the price or status, after Save/Recalculate button is clicked, what else needs to be done to send the adjusted order to payment gateway (Authorize.net)?   The original order as viewed at Authorized.net remains unchanged.  I expect that when I void or change an order within the shopping cart admin side, that it will pass the info to Authorize.net, but being a newbie, I may have false expectations.

How do I trigger the transfer of order adjustments to the payment gateway?

I'm loving this shopping cart and so is my client!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Order details and status change not passing to Authorize.net
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:05 AM »
I dont think you can just modify order on Autorize.net side. Even in case Autorize.Net have such of feature  ??? you will need to modify AbanteCart code and Autorize.Net extension code too.

Take a note that most of Payments do not allow that for security reasons (seller/customer protection policy, anti-fraud.....)

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:14:26 PM »
How about cancelling the entire order and letting the customer order corrected amounts/items?
How could that be done? How can we offer a refund if we don't change the status?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 11:12:56 PM »
Let me add my 2 cents here for thought -  Do your customers pay at the time of the order?  If so the charge is already processed.
You have the ability to initiate a refund action from within your cart processors dashboard,  but not directly from within your cart.  This is a good thing -  so that management is approving and authorizing refunds.

You can change the status of the order to whatever designation you wish -  cancelled,  refunded, etc.  This is a manual process.

You can also issue a credit to your customer if you wish,  and that can be applied to their invoice.  You could use this for also adding to their account and sending the a new invoice for the difference.   You can read about that here:

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/customers/transactions.html

Just think about what happens when you pay for something in person in a store with a card or a check -  once it is rung up  the transaction is completed.   If you return an item,  they give you a refund -  a separate transaction.   If you pick up another item after the first transaction -  you get out your credit card or your check book and pay for that transaction.   Online works the same way.

Hope this helps you.
Lee

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
Yes, that helped to understand. I appreciate your time to explain it to me.

Offline Danish1234

• View Profile
Re: Order status not being change on Order page
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »
Hi Team,

I am trying to change order status in admin panel, after saving it doesn't being change on Order detail page in frontstore, could you help me how to fix it.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 01:26:08 AM »
Hello.
Please create new topic for this question it is not related for current discussion.
Check AbanteCart error log just after you hint save button. Also did you change Order Status in the Orders Grid or on Order Edit page? What is your AbanteCart version?