Author Topic: Not Seeing Changes to style.css  (Read 5834 times)

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
Not Seeing Changes to style.css
« on: November 07, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
So, I am trying to make some basic changes to style.css.  I am fairly familiar with doing this for other sites.  However, the changes I make are not being seen by the site.  If I go to mysite.com/storefront/view/default/stylesheet/style.css is does not show any of the changes.  However, through my SSH session and VI, they are clearly there.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Craig T.

yonghan

Re: Not Seeing Changes to style.css
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 02:47:56 AM »
Hi, please try to clear the cache first.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/cache.html

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »
Thanks.  That seemed to work one time.  However, subsequent changes are not propagating either.  I have also disable CloudFlare to make sure that is not causing issues.  I have also tried on multiple computers/browsers to make sure it is not my local cache.

Any other thoughts or people that have run into this.  During the set up, I want to be making constant changes and checks to see how it looks.

Thanks.

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
Actually it looks like it was CloudFlare causing the problem.  I disabled it, but that is really a DNS change that can take awhile.  So instead, I re-enabled CloudFlare and went into its settings and disabled caching.  I am getting immediate response now (except for one Layout change I made to disable the currency block, but I must have missed something there).

Thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »
Thank you for your prompt reply.

In Cloudflare admin panel you can purge Cloudflare-cache after you made any changes.