Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Posting Testimonials from customers  (Read 3958 times)

Offline ronwab82

• View Profile
Posting Testimonials from customers
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
Hey AbanteCart forum,

I am still a newbie here. Is there a way to get the customers' testimonial updated or does that have to be done from the backend. I am looking for a way to enable my customers to post their own comments on what they think about the products that I am selling. Currently it seems like no one else can populate the testimonials other than users with admin rights

I cannot use reviews since I am not selling so many products. I have probably one of each and as such when the  user buys it, then the product is no longer on the site.

Any suggestions and advise will be welcome.

Thanks
Ron

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Posting Testimonials from customers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »
Hi Ron,

Currently testimonials that you see in the footer are set statically in HTML block. You can access them in design -> blocks section
There is no functionality in the core Abantecart to record testimonials from customers online. This can be done only by admin.
This feature needs to be custom developed as an extension. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Posting Testimonials from customers
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:09:16 PM »
Just a thought here -  but there is a difference between testimonials and reviews - the short take is testimonials need to be curated to be most useful for a business.

But wanted to throw out a thought or two that might work to get more exposure for you.   I don't know your one-off products,  but let's assume it is something like antiques. If you name a NEW category called SOLD,   or Previous Finds or  something that 'teases" the site visitor to explore to see what they missed and compare the quality of your offerings in general.  You can continue to have marketing value from those "sold" items,  some customers might post a review, etc.   

You might want to change to the pricing to not show -  you could do this by using the Call for Pricing option (you can change the wording easily to "Sold - call for other possibilities "  using the language definitions)

Additionally if you are looking for customer feedback for your wares -  and you are using any of the social medial sites -  they all have widgets to embed a feed and you can do that in the place of the testimonials block. 

Lee