Author Topic: Guest Checkout in Maintenance mode-email link to order directed to Account Login  (Read 3809 times)

Offline browneyedgirl

• View Profile
I am currently in Maintenance mode doing some testing on my website.  My website is configured to allow for Guest Checkout.
I placed an order as Guest checkout with "notify customer" selected.

If I look at the email sent to the guest customer, there is link in the email which allows them to see their order.

e.g. :
To view your order click on the link below:
<my website url>/index.php?rt=account/invoice&order_id=14

If i click on that  link, it takes me to the account login page instead of showing the details of the order.

e.g. above link is redirected to the following link:
<mywbsite url>/abante2/index.php?rt=account/login&token=3545ac7ade93a988f46bdfeb037f49a1

Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

BTW:  I have version 1.2.4 installed
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:51:56 AM by browneyedgirl »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you sure that your order is Guest customer order? Where do you select Notify Customer?
on my side guest customer receive:
"Thank your for interest in Web Store Name products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed." without link

Offline browneyedgirl

• View Profile
Hi Basara,

Yes,  I see the same message as you on the website.  I am referring to any emails that are sent to the customer after the fact.  That is, , if I go to Sales->Orders-> adn then select the order id ->Edit->Status & Comments. .  If I update the Status, add a comment and select "Notify Customer" to "On", then the customer is sent an email and in that email body is a link to the order ID.  Except, as mentioned above, if I click on that URL, it sends me to the account login page and not to a page showing their order details.  Is this a bug or did I perhaps miss something in my settings/config?  Thanks.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
we'll check and let you know.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

Order status can not be checked by Guest customer so we remove order url in the email for Guests.
Here is the code changes