Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()  (Read 6710 times)

Offline rcooper_2000

• View Profile
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
« on: October 18, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »
Okay i have tried mamp, now ampps....I downloaded my database from host metro. created a new DB same name and everything as my other.....imported my DB from host metro......installed Abantecart....setup everything. when i went to migrate from zen cart... i was able to do users from mamp.. but not products, etc... and with ampps can't goto step 2 at all keep getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/core/database/mysql.php on line 46

I know it has something to do with mysqli but i am very new to this and not sure what to do at this point. i am thinking of staying with zen cart...

HELP ME PLEASE AND THANK YOU......

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:53 AM »
Did you get this error during AbanteCart installation or after import from Zencart?
There is more safe methods to import from another carts:
Migration tool
CSV import

Offline rcooper_2000

• View Profile
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 05:38:20 AM »
After I installed Abantecart I went to migrate and it would not let me get to step 2..... I had all the correct info. it worked when i was under MAMP for mac....Was able to pull in my users but not the categories, products etc. A while back maybe like 8 months ago it worked fine but things happen and had to reformat my mac :). i guess it was a different version of Abantecart anyways I would like to get away from zen cart and so far Abantecart looks good

Robert