Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Does upgrade to 1.2.4 update the version number on the admin login page?  (Read 8868 times)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
I just manually upgraded a test system (a few times) to 1.2.4 following these docs:
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/upgrade/manual.html

but notice that the login window for the admin page still shows AbanteCart Version 1.2.3 on the bottom.
Is this normal or did something not upgrade correctly in my process?

In my database, I notice in the dataset_values, I see a few references to 1.2.3 still.  (Namely, dataset_column_id = 22)

I also notice that the "Main Page Promo" that I used similar to the demo system not displaying correctly now.  Anyone else run into these issues?

Also tried an auto-update from the link in Abantecart and ended up with the "Page not found error" when it got back to the website after trying to process...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:42:21 AM by webdevmerc »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: Does upgrade to 1.2.4 update the version number on the admin login page?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
Just wanted to add that I figured out why the Main Page Promo thing wasn't working...

It looks like the otherddetails in style.css was removed so you would have to re-add it if you were using that part from the demo cart...It's in line 759 - 805 from Abantecart Version 1.2.3.

Could still use some guidance on the version number since everything looks ok so far...

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 02:34:07 PM »
My best guess is something has gone awry.

When the update is all successfully done,  the log in screen shows the version 1.2.4,  the admin panel shows 1.2.4 in the footer, the system> logs>install/upgrade history will show the version also  - 
so if you're not seeing the correct version in all of these places - there is an issue to be solved :(

and viewpage source on home page on site  shows version.
<meta name="" content="" />

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 04:13:57 PM »
My best guess is something has gone awry.

When the update is all successfully done,  the log in screen shows the version 1.2.4,  the admin panel shows 1.2.4 in the footer, the system> logs>install/upgrade history will show the version also  - 
so if you're not seeing the correct version in all of these places - there is an issue to be solved :(

and viewpage source on home page on site  shows version.
<meta name="" content="" />

Hmm, I must be missing something simple then...
For a manual upgrade, do you need to do anything with the package.xml file?

From the abantecart_1.2.4_upgrade_only folder, I only see stuff in code and the upgrade.sql file.

From the docs, all it seems you need is to just:
(1) move the files from code over, then
(2) run the upgrade.sql script

Maybe something is not copying over correctly or I missed a step.

I wasn't sure where in the process the system "knows" that it's now on Version 1.2.4.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »
Is it that you are just trying to learn how it all goes together?  Or you do have a reason for installing manually?

Yes you do need to do something with the package.xml  (that's your language defs, and probably had your 1.2.4 in there somewhere)

The upgrade package contains a nice installer property that will handle all these things -  you download the tar package, you do NOT need to extract.   On the admin panel,  choose Extensions > Install extension  then use the Extension Upload tab.   Find your tar file,  and proceed. 

The install routine will do all that needs to be done.  You might give this method a try and see if it works out for you,  I find it works nicely  in case for some reason your network installs doesn't.

Hope this helps a bit more.

Lee

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
I suppose I like to know everything that goes on behind the scenes since for me, knowing would allow me to debug stuff or rebuild if I knew...(that and maybe the unix background in me wants to just do things manually (old habits maybe))...The auto process hasn't worked for me in the past (I was doing the download though so maybe that alone was the problem).

I've also changed core a little (mostly colors and a few things), and doing the auto would definitely replace all my stuff.

That said, looking at this more, I think I found the problem.

In the upgrade only package on google docs, there is no version.php file in the core directory.  It is missing.

In the 1.2.3 upgrade version, there is that file so that's why it's reading the 1.2.3 in my setup since it didn't copy a new one over.

That said, I just saw 1.2.5 in the directory as of today!

Could one of the devs comfirm that is the only thing I am missing from the manual upgrade doc files?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:21:47 PM by webdevmerc »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »
Is there another step necessary when doing a manual upgrade?  I have been able to do the auto update on my test site and I see a stream of messages saying this/that has been updated, etc...

But on the manual upgrade and from looking at the official docs and doing those steps, I think something is missing to let the system know to update all the tags that an upgrade has been applied.  Just copying the files over and doing the sql command doesn't seem to do that (unless you need to go a special url after copying the files that I missed).

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/upgrade/manual.html

Could anyone confirm for me if that is the case and does anyone out there even use the manual upgrade?  (Maybe it should just never be used anymore?)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile