Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Custom Reports  (Read 3952 times)

Offline davezub

• View Profile
Custom Reports
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »
I'm a recent convert from Opencart, and have everything up and running and things are working very well. One area that I can't seem to get my head around is the lack of detailed reports. OC had the same issue but there were several custom report generators. My problems is my host "Stable Host" does not allow remote sql access, so a lot of the mysql report writers I looked at won't work. I do have access to phpmyadmin, but hand coding sql joins etc..., simply don't have the time.  I see the export orders feature, and I'm trying to create a pivot table, but the multiple products on one line is proving challenging. We have a small shop and I don't keep any stock, we have order periods, then order and ship.   What I believe I need:

1. Is a custom report writer like they have for OC, but that is very hopeful.
2. A report that lists all the products, options, size, quantity, etc... that I need to order. Products Purchased Report is a start but does not list the options or is there any customization.
3. Customer report that just lists what was ordered and the options in csv that is somewhat manageable. The csv orders export is a start.

My other question is what is everyone else doing. I do see a lot of question suggestions on reports. What might be great if there are other users of the product that have built sql queries, worksheets, reports, etc... if there was a place to share these so other customers can use them.

Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Custom Reports
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:05:04 AM »
It is common to neglect reporting as this is a great area for third party developer to integrate. They have greater expertise in reporting.
We focus on UI, security, stability and ecommerce core features. Reporting is a different aspect.

In the future, we can consider improving reporting.

For now, I can suggest contacting Opencart developers that did reporting extensions and suggest them to create extension for AbanteCart. It should not be hard to integrate Opencart code.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help