Author Topic: Different flat rate shipping for different zone  (Read 6101 times)

Offline teck

• View Profile
Different flat rate shipping for different zone
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:02 AM »
Hi,
I saw this post before but it seems the existing extension does not cater for this.

Any advice?

take care,
teck

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Re: Different flat rate shipping for different zone
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
I'd also like to be able to do this.  Have a different flat-rate shipping charge depending on postcode.  for example here in Australia it costs a lot more to ship to non-metropolitan areas, so I'd like to charge more for that. 

gordontaylor

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:22 AM »
Nothing I've seen available yet for this...the only answer is to add a sub-store where you can have a different shipping rate.

Offline www.PiShop.co.za

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:45:38 AM »
I know this topic has become a little quite... but I too have the same requirement...

I tried downloading the default_flat_rate_shipping module and modifying the files (names, folders) and file content to a different name in the hope that I would have the standard flat rate displayed on checkout with the new "major areas flat rate" module.... after 2 days of reading all the documentation online, trying countless ideas and playing exhaustively with the developer tools extension... I'm not sure that its even possible for somebody to build an extension for Abantecart without having some serious PHP skills... if somebody could do a little example like this one from opencart (.../viewtopic.php?t=30226) I would be the happiest man alive.