Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Cannot import data exported from 1.2.1. to 1.2.4  (Read 5422 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Cannot import data exported from 1.2.1. to 1.2.4
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »
I have been trying to update my site from 1.2.1 to later versions and cannot do it.  I get this message when I looked at the log, referencing lines 74 and 114 in the mysql.php file.

I installed a test 1.2.4 version with an empty data base, exported the entire database from 1.2.1 and tried to import. It failed. I then download each individual data type and tried to import those. Some worked, some failed. In other words it doesn't work.

Any ideas specific to the line 74 and 114 problems, or how to make the data export/import work?

public function query($sql, $noexcept = false) {
      //echo $this->database_name;
       $time_start = microtime(true);
LINE 74 ->      $resource = mysql_query($sql, $this->connection);
        $time_exec = microtime(true) - $time_start;

if($noexcept){
            $this->error = 'AbanteCart Error: ' . mysql_error($this->connection) . '<br />Error No: ' . mysql_errno($this->connection) . '<br />' . $sql;
            return FALSE;
         }else{
LINE 114 ->            throw new AException(AC_ERR_MYSQL, 'Error: ' . mysql_error($this->connection) . '<br />Error No: ' . mysql_errno($this->connection) . '<br />' . $sql);
         }
       }
     }
Modify message

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot import data exported from 1.2.1. to 1.2.4
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:45:29 AM »
I have been trying to update my site from 1.2.1 to later versions and cannot do it.  I get this message when I looked at the log, referencing lines 74 and 114 in the mysql.php file.
You need update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 then 1.2.3 and finally 1.2.4

I installed a test 1.2.4 version with an empty data base, exported the entire database from 1.2.1 .....
Wrong way. This will broke cart because it is same if you have 1.2.1 version and php files from 1.2.4

So you can try CSV export/import without database from 1.2.1 http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/import.html

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »
Thanks for the answers. I know that the system should be updated one release at a time but nothing has worked so far. I'll try the CSV export/import.

It's odd that their is a utility to convert other ecommerce programs to AbanteCart, but not to with a few clicks, convert the earlier versions to the latest.

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »
I built a new 1.2.1 website and populated it with the sample data in an empty MySQL database. I exported the working production website csv data files and attempted to import into the new test system. I got this - Data is empty or corrupted.

I suspect that one or more tables are damaged, although I don't know why the system doesn't import all, but the "corrupt" csv information.

Ideas?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 04:14:41 AM »
Make sure you import .csv file (Not archive with CSV) also try different browsers for example Internet Explorer.

Offline dhigz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 12:11:41 AM »
You are getting the error: "Data is empty or corrupted" because the function "import" in the file "tool/import_export.php" is not returning data (result is empty).

I recently experienced this same error message and tracked it back to the type of file ($file['type']) not being in the array of file types.  My file was saved in Excel as a .csv file as I have done may times. However, for reasons unknown, my data file was now a type of 'application/csv'. I simply added this file type to the array of file types...problem solved. My data uploaded correctly.

If you choose to use this solution, be sure to run your upload in test mode first.
Don Higbee