Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Products visible but not accessible  (Read 8318 times)

Offline theodan

• View Profile
Products visible but not accessible
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
products are visible but accessing returns Home page. My site is http://naturalfoodsfarm.com...Help
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:46:12 PM by theodan »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Products visible but not accessible
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
Make sure SEO is enabled properly on your site

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/enable_seo.html

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:01:57 PM »
Thank You for replying. I do have SEO set up and changed htaccess.txt to htaccess. Thought it might have been my PHP permissions because I am constantly getting warnings regarding incorrect index.php and config.php. I have changed both to 755 and back to 644, cleared cache several times, still the warnings. frankly did not check the display until yesterday and found that the products are visible but when clicked it jumps to the home page. Of course this is the worst time for this to happen.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:03:13 AM »
Hi. Ask your hosting support to help you. Looks like htaccess redirect not work correctly

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
I have looked at most of the entries on fixing permissions (Config and Index) I have changed the permissions back and forth from 0644 an 0755 and back nothing stopped the warnings until I set both permissions to 0444. My hosting (Midphase.com) company tried a number of different fixes with the htaccess.txt and htaccess.ini but I was still unable to access any product from the home page (my customers have the same problem). The products are visible but are linked to the homepage so when any product is clicked the home page is returned. I downloaded the products and categories and deleted the site and reloaded a new site. Before waited a day before customization the site performed fine. I then uploaded the categories and products and very soon after (within hours), I began having similar issues again. Some products when clicked still returns the home page plus a more serious problem surfaced. I now cannot add new images for new products, when a new product is added and the media button is clicked, the Products Summary screen I get the below screen, but not the usual image thumbnail that allows uploading an  image for the product I am trying to load.   

view   Product Name:   Organics Just Veggie - Organic - Sweet Potato - Stage 1 - 4 Months and Up- 3 oz   Product ID   #601
Model:      Price:   $0.00
Product Condition:   Available   Total Orders   0
General
Media
Options
Files
Relations
Promotions
Page Layout

Images

Audio

Video

PDF Document

Archive

I have the same problem with a cloned site and with a another site from version 1.2.0 URL which functioned fine until recently. Have my site been hacked? My virus protection company and my hosting company says no. Any Thoughts.

Offline tastiger

• View Profile
    • Tassie Vapes
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
Hi theodan,

0444 is the correct permission to set your config and index at.

I would maybe suggest try using the default .htaccess for AbanteCart and then saying particular attention to setting RewriteBase line in that file appropriately to the folder you have installed AbanteCart in. Note the trailing / when setting a folder.

Also make sure your urls are set correctly in admin-system-settings-general. Note that DNS issues with the domains listed here can cause peculiar issues with the site in my limited experience so far ;-)
After a long search I found AbanteCart Cart, I found possibilities!

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »
So my permissions are set to 0444 and no more error messages about config.php or index.php. However, I still cannot add images to new products, plus when some products are clicked the home page is shown, Also, I can't remove the Abantecar's fallback logo (used on smaller screens - cell phones, etc).  Plus I am getting the below database error from the error log (started around December 2, 2015).

2015-12-05 20:59:41 - database error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.5 Error:
SELECT DISTINCT
e.extension_id,
e.type,
e.key,
e.category,
e.priority,
e.version,
e.license_key,
e.date_installed,
e.date_modified,
e.date_added,
s.store_id,
st.alias as store_name,
s.value as status
FROM abtz_extensions e
LEFT JOIN abtz_settings s ON ( TRIM(s.`group`) = TRIM(e.`key`) AND TRIM(s.`key`) = CONCAT(TRIM(e.`key`),'_status') )
LEFT JOIN abtz_stores st ON st.store_id = s.store_id
WHERE e.`type` IN ('extensions', 'payment', 'shipping', 'template', 'language')AND COALESCE(s.`store_id`,0) = '0' in <b>/home/sureell6/public_html/naturalfoodsfarm.com/core/database/amysqli.php</b> on line <b>105</b>

still hoping for  A SOLUTION BECAUSE MY SITES ARE DEAD

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »
Hi.

Try this steps:
1. rename .htaccess file to any
2. disable SEO urls in AbanteCart admin
3. if you have any CDN please disable it (Cloudflare for example)
4. Clear AbanteCart cache in the admin

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »
Finally a small success...thanks. I did as you recommended and the products are now clickable (returns product image when clicked versus homepage). I am stiii not able to add images on products or categories. From product summary when media is clicked the page that is returned has:
Images
Audio
Video
PDF Document
Archive

But no image thumbnail.

Hope you have some additional insights ... and Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:49:09 AM »
Hi. First try another browser for example Chrome
and check permissions on
/resources
/system/cache/
/image/thumbnails/
directory and sub directories.
Make sure permission allow your web server to read a write. You can set to 777

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »
Cache, Resources and Image/Thumbnail were at 755 permission. I change all, including sub-directories to  777. The system error logs indicate incorrect Cache permissions so I changed Cache back to 755. In either scenario (permissions at 777 or 755) I was still unable to add images to products or categories. One other observation (i guess was there since this all started) once media is selected, the left column (where Dashboard, Catalog, Sales etc. resides) background fades from blue to white. I am using Chrome but similar situation with Firefox. Thanks.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
Cache, Resources and Image/Thumbnail  MUST be writable for your web server user. 777 should do it.
755 will not work.

System check should not show you errors if permissions set correctly.

Make sure you are not looking at older message. 
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 11:49:20 AM »
You are correct changing /resources, /system/cache' /image/thumbnail to permission 0777 did not produce any errors, so it must have been an older error I was looking at. Question on /system/cache,

cache has 25 sub folders attribute, attributes, balance, category, contents, country, etc, down to index.html all with permissions 0777 but for example /attribute has sub-sub-folder /attribute types 1.1449763024 with permission 0644 should the sub-sub-folders be changed to 0777 also? because so far with all the changes I am still unable to add new images to categories or products.

Thanks for the continued input.
Theodan.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 12:46:57 AM »
Cache files are temporary so you can delete them

Offline theodan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 09:48:43 AM »
Thanks to all especially Basara. The information you provided convinced my hosting that the error was on their end. This morning I checked the site and I can now add images to products.

Thanks again.