Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: 1.2.5 new install -no admin/system/backup/ f  (Read 4231 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
1.2.5 new install -no admin/system/backup/ f
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »
In a new install using Softaculous  when working on the permissions I have no admin/system/backup/

Is this the expectation on a new install now?

Also I see all the file permissions are now being set to 755  except for config.php

However http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/install/options/regular_installation.html
still indicate 777 and a recent post on forum http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,4197.msg18284.html#msg18284  suggests 444 for config.   This is becoming a bit confusing -  and permission settings need to be correct for functionality and secure.   Can you please update the docs?

thanks
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: 1.2.5 new install -no admin/system/backup/ f
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:29:26 AM »
since 1.2.5 subdirectories of admin/system/backup will be created by classes that use it. For ex. backup subdir will be created by ABackup class. When you open page system->data->backup/restore it must to create it.
The same with installation process etc

Folder admin/system/ must be always have write permissions.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: 1.2.5 new install -no admin/system/backup/ f
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
Thanks for the updated info -  I thought that was the case,  but just was too lazy to try and decipher the code.

And I have left all the 755 in place as they were installed.  Only changed the config to 444 and so far all seems well in 1.2.5. install

Lee