Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Paypal Error  (Read 6213 times)

Offline mthings

• View Profile
Paypal Error
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »
I have been trying to use the Paypal pro extension but after putting in the api username, password and signature, testing gives me this error
PayPal Error: Security header is not valid. Please check your API Credentials and try again. Also please note that Test mode is ON! which also appears on my checkout as Security header is not valid when i try to confirm an order on my website.

I need help with how to rectify it. Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal Error
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 12:35:37 AM »
Hello.

In PayPal two APIs for Test and for Live. Make sure you set TEST: On and use Test APIs credentials.

Offline mthings

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
Thanks for the information. However, when go Paypal they have 2 options under Set up API credentials.

Option 1 is Grant API permission and Option 2 is to view the API Signature. The option 2 in this case comes up with only one set of details and there are no other options to choose from live and test. Could you please help furthur

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »
Hi.

To get Test API credentials you need create sandbox PayPal account https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/ug_sandbox/