Author Topic: Want to reinstall my abantecart application!  (Read 16326 times)

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
Want to reinstall my abantecart application!
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »
My installation of Abantecart on my Godaddy website has been riddled with problems and errors and things I can't change .

So I have decided to uninstall and reinstall everything again onto my website.
Is that a good idea? as I have come very far with regards to my product catalog with nearly 300 products and categories; Is there a way to directly import everything including all the images? I would just drag and drop images onto the products using the resource library option. as I have to launch my website tomorrow and have been delaying it this long hoping to somehow solve all my problems, but no luck.

Please help; I'm still fairly new to the whole cpanel and php interface so alot of things go over my head; and this forum has helped me alot so far but I feel if I reinstall everything it'll help. Please comment!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Want to reinstall my abantecart application!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »
There is a way to do this, but steps are slightly technical. I think this was already covered on this forum before under moving to different hosting, but steps are similar.

1. Back up your store and export your database with phpmyadmin to your local computer

2. Move your abantecart folder into different location (do not delete)

3. Install new AbanteCart copy.

4. Import database from your local file into new database replacing all tables
NOTE: If you had problem in your database in prior installation, problem will be copied. You might need to so selective import.

5. Copy resources folder (images, downloads, new extensions if you have any) from older AbanteCart folder to new.
Note: make sure that all files and folders in resources folder have 777 permissions.

6. Copy SALT line from old system/config.php to new file

Now you can access your site and admin with older site users and passwords.
Once confirmed that all is working on new site, you can remove older folder.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:33:18 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »
I'd recommend figuring out what is causing all the problems before going live...You don't want to notify customers that their orders have to be cancelled and if there is an impression that things are broken or not secure on the website, it will be viewed negatively and they may never come back.

Just my opinion at least...

Another option which I did within my site is setup a test or development site in a different directory in a different subdomain and see if you can recreate the problems you are getting now.

It's also very useful to have a test environment in general to work in, which...sounds like a lot of work initially, but you'll be grateful once you have one up.

Offline farzeel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:16:39 AM »
Please Share a Video please  :( :( :( :(

Offline grayol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:19:41 AM »
Greetings, AbanteCart comunity!

I have just moved from localhost to web provider, using mostly this page as a guide. I have made a guide myself, and I shall share it with you:

1. Install new AbanteCart (I did with Softaculous, with the demo store, which was no problem - it got erased in between the other steps).
NOTE 1: You need to select the same database name and prefix as on your current AbanteCart instance. Use MySQL-Front or another DBMS to find out.
NOTE 2: You need to use same Admin username, password and folder as on your current AbanteCart instance.

2. On existing AbanteCart instance, do backup of database, code and resource library (do not include config). Files at "files" need to be extracted to root. Zip it all.

3. Upload backup onto /public_html folder.

4. Unzip it all. Check if it was correctly Unziped.

5. On your new AbanteCart, go Data -> Import -> Restore and restore your database from the backup.

6. You will need to replace UNIQUE_ID and ENCRYPTION_KEY keys from your original installation into new configuration file. It is in system/config.php. Copy them from old system/config.php to new file.

7. Clear new AbanteCart cache

8. ????

9. Profit

Certainly my writting is confusing. Who got problems with it, please correct this guide.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »
Thank you, grayol