Author Topic: Install Error  (Read 4178 times)

Offline CyberNickel

• View Profile
Install Error
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
I installed via Softaculous onto the host qwk.net.  After install, when try to connect to the store or admin, I get an error of "There has been a critical error processing your request".

I have opened the error log in system/logs/ and have the following error:

2015-12-15 21:17:11 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.2.5 mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2000): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Any ideas on what I need to do?  Sorry, I am a newbie to all this fun!!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Install Error
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
Start here with the requirements for 1.2.5.   Looking at your error seems your MySql is out of date   -  that would be something to take up with your hosting company.

Simplist way -  is make a ticket for your hosting company and see if your account is configured for all the requirements  - then try a fresh install.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/install/system_requirements.html

Offline CyberNickel

• View Profile
Re: Install Error
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:56:35 PM »
Here is what is showing version wise:

Server version: 5.1.63-community-log - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

PHP Mode: php_php53 (php_fastcgi53)

I think the issue may be I have too short of a admin password.  Reinstalling to see if that is the issue.

Thanks for the reply!!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.