Author Topic: Sitemaps not showing products  (Read 6884 times)

Offline MCAUK81

• View Profile
Sitemaps not showing products
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:54:37 AM »
Hi all, I am a new user of AbanteCart and have had issues with the installation on Godaddy. In any case now up an running even if I if there is only the default template, not the default_html5 template available. Cannot register to the market place, link in email verification fails. Copy paste to address bar - no avail.
In any case put up a product category and a product, enabled SEO friendly URLs. Checked the sitemap link, which does not list the product added, only the category. Does not seem good for SEO.
Not overly pleased over the default menu in mobile view. Categories does not appear instead a silly "main menu" drop down menu, ok those links like login and my orders and view cart may be useful but from SEO perspective, sales and usability perspective I would have expected more. You want a navigation to all categories and products (sub-menus) - multi level menu / mega menu options appear missing.

Not sure is this an issue for me alone, or has the installation on goddaddy Cpanel  caused these issues (cannot see any image carusel) nor given the option of installation with sample products, so I have some kind of blank installation.

First thing I would have liked to do would have been to change logo and COLORs to match our branding. OK logo and icon can be fairly easily changed in the appearance menu, but complete lack of change of color in the admin for text and background and bars is just plain silly. Wonder how many new users decide to forget abouta abantecart immediately just because of this. Yes you can start to figure out the locations of CSS files and possible color definitions in .tpl files but what a waste of all new users time. This needs to be sorted I have tried to use the send new link, with same result - user does not exist. I guess changing host from godaddy is a must, as their automatic installer fails not only for AbanteCart Cart but also for Magento. Yes, could go for woocommerce but does not offer all the functionality I was hoping to get. At least an easy and working app with loads of users.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sitemaps not showing products
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
First thing I would have liked to do would have been to change logo and COLORs to match our branding. OK logo and icon can be fairly easily changed in the appearance menu, but complete lack of change of color in the admin for text and background and bars is just plain silly. Wonder how many new users decide to forget abouta abantecart immediately just because of this. Yes you can start to figure out the locations of CSS files and possible color definitions in .tpl files but what a waste of all new users time. This needs to be sorted I have tried to use the send new link, with same result - user does not exist. I guess changing host from godaddy is a must, as their automatic installer fails not only for AbanteCart Cart but also for Magento. Yes, could go for woocommerce but does not offer all the functionality I was hoping to get. At least an easy and working app with loads of users.

We have provided a functionality to manage logos and icons and well as convenience and flexibility to manage CSS and template files.  Colors and theme customization is the area for template and theme designers/developers.

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sitemaps not showing products
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »
Cannot register to the market place, link in email verification fails. Copy paste to address bar - no avail.
Hello. Thank you for the post.
Could you please provide a bit more details. What error you get? What is your browser and OS?

In any case put up a product category and a product, enabled SEO friendly URLs. Checked the sitemap link, which does not list the product added, only the category. Does not seem good for SEO.

For the SEO you need to submit XML sitemap in google console to tell Google or other search engines about the organization of your site content. There are tons of free or paid sitemap generators that creates XML sitemap for all pages.

Not overly pleased over the default menu in mobile view. Categories does not appear instead a silly "main menu" drop down menu,
In mobile view click 'Go to' dropdown menu it will show you all main links and all categories links

Not sure is this an issue for me alone, or has the installation on goddaddy Cpanel  caused these issues (cannot see any image carusel) nor given the option of installation with sample products, so I have some kind of blank installation.
Check the AbanteCart demo to copy banner slider settings or reinstall AbanteCart with demo data.

Thank you for the your point of view.