Author Topic: how do i make the default price bar hide  (Read 4375 times)

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
how do i make the default price bar hide
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
When using options to set price for items, how do i make the default price bar hide as it gives wrong information and the price is doubled which is wrong.
so we can leave the price empty in the default area and instead quote price for

1 piece, 6 n 11 pieces in the options like in the example.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: how do i make the default price bar hide
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I think you do not have the options set up correctly - The product has a base price and options give you the ability to adjust that pricing for addtional options -  size, color, etc.   The base product should not have price adjustment in the options,  only the additional items if there is a pricing adjustment should be activated.

The base price really needs to be shown -  and the quantity pricing can be handled with the options or with the quantity discount on the Promotions tab of the product page ,  using the discounts section

Suggestion -  for your options so your customers aren't confused by any price differential consider using the extension for option pricing display http://marketplace.abantecart.com/option_price

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:03:43 PM »
Wow ... the programmer thought like me... :)

Any chance that this feature enhanced option will become default inbuilt feature?

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »
Maybe if the new version has a feature in the admin panel in price modifier , if there is a option like drop down menu or radio button to select default basic price
or show a new price.

Or if there is a feature to over ride default price and show this as new price

With the current options the user has to use a calculator to add or subtract from default price and then add that in price modifier... :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:36:25 PM by CoolSurfer »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
First -  i don't expect the enhanced option to become part of the core -  the differential showing is the way it has been since the beginning - and after several requests back around version 1.1.7 and my clients that use AbanteCart needed a different solution -  therefore the pricing option.

Additionally I would not expect your suggestions on how the "improve" the admin management of option pricing to become the way options are handled -   It would make it rather difficult when upgrading to new versions -  so don't lose your calculator.