Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How do I change php version to match the default?  (Read 3640 times)

Offline michael m

• View Profile
How do I change php version to match the default?
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »
index.php content (and cart) disappeared. File references php version 2. cpanel defaults to version 4.  File says do not change content. How do I sync these and (I hope) get my cart back online.  Or could this be due to some other problem?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:53:38 PM by michael m »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: How do I change php version to match the default?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »
index.php content (and cart) disappeared. File references php version 2. cpanel defaults to version 4.  File says do not change content. How do I sync these and (I hope) get my cart back online.  Or could this be due to some other problem?
If you or somebody removed files from AbanteCart, you will need to restore all removed files.
Compare with the repository:
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/master/public_html
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline michael m

• View Profile
Re: How do I change php version to match the default?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »
I have removed my previous replies made during my attempts to rectify this. Ultimately I settled the php part of the discrepancy by swapping my 5.2.0 file for the one you sent me to that defined the version as 5.3.0. I then contacted my web host who upgraded my php to 5.3.0 to match my index.php file.

This has enabled my homepage link to:   ... .com/index.php?rt=product/category&path=65  to land on a page in our cart, but it has no content and reports that that page cannot be located.

So our site is down and the link we had to the dashboard when we created the site last year is also dead ... so this problem is due to some other cause. Please help me find that and get our cart back online.  Thank you.