Author Topic: How do I retrieve admin pages access & cart content?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline michael m

• View Profile
How do I retrieve admin pages access & cart content?
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »
The link on our html homepage at imagesandthings.com to our cart brings up our layout with logo and links, but it does not access the categories or other content, nor do any of the links function. In addition, our admin page also cannot be located when I use the ADMIN_PATH ID in config.php.

I thought it was due to the php version discrepancy that I asked about in my previous post, but that is now version 5.3.0 in the index.php file and at the web host.

The cart was created in Nov 2013, so it is probably version 1.1.7. It functioned without problems until it vanished some time after Feb 2015. No changes were made by us to the cart since it was created, so some change at AbanteCart must have triggered the disappearance of the content and admin pages.

I could not find instructions how to upgrade from such an old version to the latest (1.2.5 I think), so could someone please tell me how to recover the cart and Admin pages and separately how to upgrade to the new version without losing the original formatting of the cart in the hope that would resolve everything?

Thank You.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: How do I retrieve admin pages access & cart content?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
The link on our html homepage at imagesandthings.com to our cart brings up our layout with logo and links, but it does not access the categories or other content, nor do any of the links function. In addition, our admin page also cannot be located when I use the ADMIN_PATH ID in config.php.

I thought it was due to the php version discrepancy that I asked about in my previous post, but that is now version 5.3.0 in the index.php file and at the web host.

The cart was created in Nov 2013, so it is probably version 1.1.7. It functioned without problems until it vanished some time after Feb 2015. No changes were made by us to the cart since it was created, so some change at AbanteCart must have triggered the disappearance of the content and admin pages.

I could not find instructions how to upgrade from such an old version to the latest (1.2.5 I think), so could someone please tell me how to recover the cart and Admin pages and separately how to upgrade to the new version without losing the original formatting of the cart in the hope that would resolve everything?

Thank You.

From my experience, most likely something changed at your hosting provider, either more security or something like that causing things to break.  From everything I know, Abantecart can't (and doesn't) update itself or go to any existing sites to make changes so it's really not from Abantecart's end.

Lastly, who was the admin or webmaster of the site?  They should have the admin url...if you have host access either through linux or cpanel, you can look in this file (default location): public_html/system/config.php

for all the login info and admin url also.

Lastly, upgrading from 1.1.7 to 1.2.5 requires upgrading to every single point release like 1.1.8 -> 1.1.9 -> 1.2.0 -> ... -> 1.2.5

It would probably be a lot of work and maybe easier to just go straight to 1.2.5, backup and import the old data and move on...

As your site looks custom too, you may need to hire professional tech to fix it.

Good luck.

Offline michael m

• View Profile
Re: How do I retrieve admin pages access & cart content?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »
Thanks webdevmerc,

I am the creator of the site and webmaster all rolled into one. Problem is, I don’t have full recollection of how it was done and where everything is, since it has been running passively for 2 years. I am slowly regaining some of it in trying to find the problem but not yet enough…

I had already found the admin url in config.php, but it only gets the same layout page and message that the page cannot be found.

I am not accusing AbanteCart of doing anything wrong—I only thought that any one of those upgrades could have resulted in the cart from 1.1.7 non functional. Is that version still valid and should be running?

I will check with my host Arvixe to see if they know of a potential cause from their end. They are responding to my questions very promptly.

I would really like to take the big leap to 1.2.5, but I would need some pretty good instructions how to get the formatting I did in the Dashboard and the stuff in the files on my server into it without bringing old 1.17 stuff in. Right now, without access to the Dashboard, I can only see the content of my files and folders. I have no access at all to the innards of AbanteCart at the moment.

I downloaded the new version to see which php version it was using, and I think the install instructions were to put the public_html contents on the server, go to the site and follow the instructions. Would it offer me in that process the opportunity to import the pertinent data from my previous cart?  If not how does one properly import data from an older site?  Thank you.