Author Topic: password rules  (Read 6327 times)

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
password rules
« on: February 22, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »
Our customers continue to have problems logging in. Once we reset their passwords for them, they can log in. We're wondering if there are password rules which limit the use of certain characters.

I've searched documentation and the forum for details on password creation limits.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: password rules
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:36:34 AM »
Did you change SALT value in config.php? This can be a reason for password loss. 
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »
We're wondering if there are password rules which limit the use of certain characters.

There are no rules for passwords as of yet. This is considered to be added in the future.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
Thanks for your response. We did not change SALT value in config.php.

Only new customers are are having problems with the functioning of their initial password. Even when they use the "Forgot Password" the reset password does not work for them. Once we change their password for them, they have no problem logging in.

Does anyone else have these problems? Can you share any troubleshooting tips or ideas why 15% of our customers struggle with password use?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:36:08 AM »
Hi.
Did you know what browser your customers use? What is your site URL?
If problem only with new customers does your host change something on your server - for example php version, add some php modules, change mysql version etc... This info may help to catch problem.

Offline sewkitty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »
I have the same issue if customers request a password reset from the cart it never works. I always need to reset manually.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 02:47:19 AM »
I have the same issue if customers request a password reset from the cart it never works. I always need to reset manually.

Can you please provide your site url. We will try to catch problem

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
Hi.
Did you know what browser your customers use? What is your site URL?
If problem only with new customers does your host change something on your server - for example php version, add some php modules, change mysql version etc... This info may help to catch problem.

Yes, our host did change PHP version to 5.6.
Site URL: https://rentmasonbees.com/shop

When I use Chrome to reset password, it works. The other browsers our customers use are Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »
Hello.

We check your site and password reset works in several browsers FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
What I see the problem all emails with new password go to SPAM folder in my gmail.
So your customers may not see it in Inbox.
Another thing try to check what emails are not receive your emails. Possibly that mail function on your server  can not send email to this addresses