Author Topic: Drop Point Shipping Option  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Blenderite

• View Profile
Drop Point Shipping Option
« on: November 28, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
Hello all! New to AbanteCart and it looks like it will be a much better option than what I was using previously.

My only question is whether there is a extension that allows the customer to choose from a list of pre-determined drop points as shipping. It would basically be the Pickup From Store, but the option to choose which store, if that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
Re: Drop Point Shipping Option
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:07:13 AM »
My only question is whether there is a extension that allows the customer to choose from a list of pre-determined drop points as shipping. It would basically be the Pickup From Store, but the option to choose which store, if that makes sense.

Hello. I'm in the process of developing an extension that will calculate shipping based on multiple locations. It may not be exactly what you're looking for. With this extension, you can set a unique ZIP code for each product, and the shopping cart will calculate the total shipment. This is ideal for merchants dealing with drop shipments where each item is shipped from a different location. There is no option for the shopper to select the originating point. This is coded in the item settings. The "Misc Location" field is used for that purpose.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:25:10 AM by Ollie »
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/