Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Remove options from menu  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Naturbrennstoff

• View Profile
Remove options from menu
« on: March 02, 2016, 03:48:49 AM »
I'm trying to strip the store pages down to the least as I want to create a shop as simple as possible.
After disabling all possible options and changing all dropdowns to 'none' in design-->layouts, I still have 'Special offers', 'Contact', 'Sitemap' and a search field in the menu bar.
Furthermore, there are 'Latest Products' shown on the store front page, although deactivated wherever I could find it.
Finally in the bottom bar there's also still some links to click at.

Can anyone advice where to deactivate all these?
All I want to have on the front page are the categories to select and my store logo (which I cant put up either, although uploaded and chosen under home-->Settings-->appearance-->store logo)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Remove options from menu
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
Hello.

For the header menu edit it in Admin > Design > Menu

Offline Naturbrennstoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
Hi,
many thanks for the quick reply.
I think I forgot to mention that I'm trying to do so in storefront template #2.

I've already deleted everything from Admin > Design > Menu, still it shows 'Special offers', 'Contact', 'Sitemap' and a search field in the menu bar and 'Latest Products' on the store front page. I can add points to the menu, These Show up next to the before mentions items but in bolt and CAP letters

And I can't get my store logo to the store front, it does still Show the AbanteCart Cart logo where my storefront logo should be.

Thanks for any help.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

Storefront template #2 is for AbanteCart version 1.1.9 or prior

What version of Abantecart do you have installed? The most current version is 1.2.5.

You need to used templates and extensions that work in the cart version you are using.  Or you need to be proficient in coding.