Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: After download, where next?  (Read 6455 times)

Offline rustic

• View Profile
After download, where next?
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:01 AM »
I have installed AbanteCart to my domain name via softaculous. I have searched through the forum and advice but can find nothing to tell me where I go from there. How do I access the admin page? All I can get are my files (via control panel) or the softaculous page. I know the answer will be very obvious and I'm sure it will be one of those 'I knew that really moments' but not right now!
So after download/install - where next?  Found the following link on a previous post but it didn't work     yourdomainname.com/index.php?s=[your_admin]

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: After download, where next?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 08:41:12 AM »
you can try
yourdomainname.com/index.php?s=admin
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline rustic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »
I did - and have again but get page not available.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
two things to know about Softaculous

1.  when you use it to install it usually sends you and email about the installation -  it will use an automatic email address -  just pay attention and put in an email that you want to receive the notification to.   That will give you url for site AND admin  and your user/ password

2.  on the Softaculous page - on the info where your url is showing there are OPTIONS tools on the right side of the line.   Select  the pencil (edit)  and it will give you the link to your admin page.   You have to remember what you used for a password.

If 2 doesn't work for you,  simply remove the installation using Softaculous -  again the OPTIONS tools on the right side.   Then install again  using an email address where you receive email.

this should do it -  if not -  post back.

Lee

Offline rustic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 07:33:52 AM »
Deleted and tried again 3 times. Followed link from download page and it came up with 'no data received'. I have used 2 different email addresses for the install info to be sent and neither has received anything. I'm obviously doing something it doesn't like!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
It is a really simple process -  here's the docs about it

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/install/options/cpanel_installation.html

if you are having these continuing issues and are following the very simple instructions as shown in the docs, I recommend you contact your hosting provider as to the issue.

Here are the system requirements needed on your account -  I would check with the hosting provider and get confirmation your account is configured properly for success.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/install/system_requirements.html

Offline rustic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 04:16:50 PM »
Sorted! I had forgotten to redirect domain, that done and all seems OK. Thank you for the advice, I just have to sort the correct permissions for config.php now and the basics are started. I've searched the forum for this information and can't find it; which codes should I be using? As it may be of use to others, I'll start a new topic - hope that's OK!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:41:11 PM by rustic »