Author Topic: User Powered / Classifieds Store  (Read 18180 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
User Powered / Classifieds Store
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
I was wondering, what are the possibility of further providing modules/extensions to AbanteCart Cart.

To use this AbanteCart Cart, to also work as an Online Classified, Such as where (In the place of admin adding products)

on the Primary store itself, an admin should be able to (when they select create new store) have an option to select to use the new store as a classified or whatever the name appropriate to such a function.

Hence the new store, the secondary store, can work as a user powered store (where users can upload their products, for resale, be it used or new products xyz, pqr.) no shipping, just a matter of being able to add their products in this store, get reviews, comments (display price) and let other users contact this products poster.

Just a thought, i know this would be totally out of scope.. But i was just wondering. what the Team at AbanteCart Would think of this.
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: User Powered / Classifieds Store
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
I think you refer to marketplace to allow users to resale digital products. Correct?

Theoretically, there is a possibility  to create marketplace subsystem as an extension. We have discussed this internally, but  at this time this is not our near term priority.

You are welcome to develop one if you are interested. You can post it as free extension in the extension section of www.abantecart.com
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:31:22 AM »
I think you refer to marketplace to allow users to resale digital products. Correct?

Theoretically, there is a possibility  to create marketplace subsystem as an extension. We have discussed this internally, but  at this time this is not our near term priority.

You are welcome to develop one if you are interested. You can post it as free extension in the extension section of www.abantecart.com

Yes, like a marketplace..
Is there any document available on standards to follow while developing extensions for AbanteCart cart and also some documents on developing the extension for AbanteCart cart? it would be great. although am not so good at PHP i could try something..and share it with others too :)
echo $james;

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
Is there any document available on standards to follow while developing extensions for AbanteCart cart......

Hello James. Try this links:
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/AbanteCart_Extension%E2%80%99s_Developer_Guide
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Developing_Extensions_and_Extension_API

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
I've been looking at the extension documentation.

On http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Developing_Extensions_and_Extension_API  there seems to be a dead link to a file called  extension_example.zip which contains some example code.  Can this link be restored??

David