Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 5083 times)

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
Is it possible?
« on: March 10, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »
Guys I was wondering if it's possible to make a page outside the cart for information and one for a video gallery.  I see that a Content page will work but I can't seem to get it in the menu only in the footer section.

Soup

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »
yes  you could use anything for the front end -  and then link to your store site.

But you can add your content pages to the top menu.   it is a two-step process.  Make your content page.
Then go to Menu  and add it -  the last field on the form  is Link to page - the drop down will have all your content pages to select from.   Once you add it there,  it will show on the top nav bar

You can also just post the link to the page you wish (might not be in the content pages)   using the third field.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:53:43 PM by llegrand »

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 11:49:37 AM »
llegrand  Wow.  I missed that completely!  I don't know how but I did.  I was concentrating so much on the "Category" listings that I didn't even noticed that method.  Thanks very much.
This makes all the difference.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Soup

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 12:30:01 PM »
I'm not sure what and if I'm doing something wrong but after created the content page I went into the Menu option and added it. When I choose the content I want to link to this new menu item and save it, it's blank after saving it.  So far no matter what I try to save it clears the "link to page" text field after saving.  I've tried assigning it a parent menu item...nothing seems to matter.

Any idea what might be the reason why I can't get it to show up in the menu?  This new context page that I've created shows up in the footer as a text link.

I'm not clear on all the text field in this Menu.
What is the "Link" field for?
I'm trying to understand this compared to "Link to page" text field.

Also what is the best way to see the URL of a page in AbanteCart?  I mean how can I see the overview of the page hierarchy to make sure I got the "link" path correct?
Soup
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:37:38 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 03:52:37 AM »
Hello.

Link filed is your actual menu item url.
The Link to page is tool to quickly find link to your content page

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
Ah thanks for the explanation on that.  I didn't realize the relationship between those text fields.

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 01:25:09 PM »
I've been working, trying to get a decent layout for a video gallery.  So far I really haven't found one.  I'm using the embedded code from youtube and trying to find a decent size for the video when displayed on the page.  I've used the center portion of the screen and the left and right columns.  I was hoping for three across the center of the page but I don't see this as being a possibility.  Can a embed a "table" in the HTML portion of the block and embed the video code into it? 

It appears that the are layout areas that are fixed and can't be changed.

Has anybody been successful in making a video or still shot gallery page?

Soup