Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Import products from php feed  (Read 7388 times)

Offline marius777

• View Profile
Import products from php feed
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:40:02 AM »
Hello
Its posible to import product fom php feed ?I try to upload a feed in this form http:......   .com/feeds/general_feed.php but doesnt work
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:41:33 AM by marius777 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import products from php feed
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:10:02 AM »

Offline mattpb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 04:25:53 AM »
I have been having a hard time importing my product catalog data through AbanteCart's built-in importer myself...and by hard-time, I guess I mean no success at all.  This is my first eCommerce site and I like so many of the other features offered by this platform (I have version 1.2.7, btw, with a LAMP server set-up).  I am a novice when it comes to PHP and MySQL and I chose AbanteCart because of its' built-in data export/import features, but I haven't been able to successfully do either.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:01:21 AM by mattpb »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 01:25:43 AM »
Hello.

What problems you have? Did you try CSV import?

Offline mattpb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:22 PM »
I did.  Our distributor sent us a large product export file in the form of a pipeline delimited (|) CSV file.  After reading the import/export documentation for AbanteCart, I manually created my first product, then was able to successfully export a CSV file, as instructed, to serve as my import template.  Was working with Excel 2010 at the time, although I just recently was able to upgrade to the 2016 Office Suite.  However, though it seemed I configured the CSV file for product importation according to the documentation (inserting the new column with "action" in the header row and "input" in the cells below), but I was never able to successfully import any products via the CSV file.  I did however, convert it to a .txt and changed the delimiter, seeming to finally achieve a successful mass product import.  I even confirmed that the additional rows/products had been added by browsing the associated products table in PHPmyAdmin, yet AbanteCart would not display the newly added data.  I've been manually entering products one at a time while I attempt to figure this out because deadlines are approaching, but we have a large inventory and it would save my countless hours of work to find a solution to this.  Thank you for your response!!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 01:28:02 AM »
Hello.

When you insert products with CSV make sure you have store id in your table. (by default it is 0)
If you miss it the products inserted to the database but may not visible in store admin because products not assigned to the store.
Also some problems may occur with excel because it format sometimes dates to different format without any warnings for user. I prefer to work with CSV files in OpenOffice - no .txt format/reformat....etc
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:26:19 AM by Basara »

Offline mattpb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 12:38:58 AM »
Thank you!  I believe that was the my error.  I truly appreciate the assistance! ;D